Triumph Bonneville

2 Posts | Latest reply on 23/12/2017 08:42:38 by jinx57 | Go to original / last post
Troubadour's Profile
Troubadour

In: Elgin
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Hey howzit all! I took the Small Baby Blade for MOT this week here in Elgin.
I saw a Triumph Bonneville Silver Jubilee on the bike hoist & thought it looked immaculate. Super clean. I then noticed the number plate bracket was unused. It turns out the Bonneville has never ever been registered! Complete virgin bike, 27 miles on the clock!
The boy who used to own it only showed it. He rode it from the trailer to the display area and back again. The shop bought it but also just showed it for several years.
Now last week they sold it on an internet auction for nearly £12K ... it was £1 047 brand new in 1977!
Never knew investment bikes could go 12 times their value! But obviously you need to know what you buy, or else you'll lose money.
They said they told the boy who bought it from down south, the Bonny would immediately be devalued the minute it's registered & used on the road. But he bought it to ride it, I heard.
Wow, I don't think I could buy a bike like that & NOT ride it? Could you?
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
37% Karma37% Karma 37% Karma37% Karma

Motorcycles were built to ride,fast and far.....i love walking around the National Motorcycle Museum near Brum...all the road going bikes there are runners and road registered,all the competition machines regularly started....as they deserve.....:)> as to losing money,just save for 20 years and buy a Vincent,better return than my current account...:)>

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1250 seconds. There are 1112 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption