OT: Free Windows 10 Upgrade

4 Posts | Latest reply on 21/12/2017 23:21:56 by nickscafe | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Not Bike related, but may be useful to some.

For those of you still struggling with the horrible Windows 8 or similar, you can get a free upgrade to Windows 10 - direct from Microsoft, not some hooky/dodgy source - right up until December 31st.

If you are a user of "Assistive Technologies", than you can errrrr.....get it free from Microsoft here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade?tduid=(14c348e893a91089cb2980533c6ee123)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-0FBZfNm6YPFXNhiu3o52rA)()

I had to do this as my trusty old XP laptop died after 12 yrs, and the spare one had Windows 8 which was just awful.
And they don't ask you anything at all, you just click the upgrade link.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I,ve just gone to windows 10, its a different animal altogether from 7 and 8 , had a good printer/scanner (brother) not compatible with 10 so had to remove old drivers and reinstall the new upgraded ones, an absolute ball ache.                                                                                                                                                                             
Tezza1958's Profile
Tezza1958

In: Scotter Common
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

I spent about an hour trying to load it in but it wouldn't work, gave up in the end.
Then I noticed a little apple at the bottom of my screen, maybe thats got something to do with it.

nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Windows 10 with AT is a good option if it reognises the device in question has the up to date technology inside. It will usually download a tool first, to check system compatibility.

I still can't upgrade, due to some drivers for my other connected kit and apps being unstable.
Most of it is related to my music database and editing software, so it's a personal thing.

The main thing to check is that you're comfortable with deactivating the monitoring on your system.
It's heavily biased to market research and user activity - sites you visit; the kind of stuff you browse and buy; your location and your personal information for data research.

If you're OK with that...no probs.
If you prefer to have control over privacy, what is known about you and what you do...take time to switch some of the monitoring tools off.
That includes webcam and microphone.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1719 seconds. There are 727 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption