NEW FEATURE: New chatroom!

57 Posts | Latest replyย on 15/11/2017 00:26:09 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

It is possible... but don't you think that people would just NEVER go in again if they didn't see it flashing?
People would see the blue and associate it (after some time) as being empty. They'd never open it and it would stagnate again.

Now at least you have to open, post something and hope to get a chat going.

With a flashing icon, which is possible and I'm not ruling it out, we would have to rely on some members going into it and starting a conversation knowing nobody was using it.

Thoughts?
Matt's Profile
Matt

ADDED! ChatFlap will now flash (fade in and out). The faster it pulses the busier the chatroom is.

What do you think? If we don't like it I can remove it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

It's worth a try!

Although on my android phone it seems to fade dark grey to pale grey ... Not a problem for me, but I don't know where the 'blue' you refer to above is... P'raps my phone is just being a bit glum!

But the fading draws the eye, as said previously it was so unobtrusive that I after I got used to it I never noticed it.

Fingers crossed eh? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hello all.........not really into chat room forum's but I'd thought I'd give it a go seeing as Matt and his team have worked so hard at upgrading the site. My name is Glenn (Grizzly) and I'm in Richmond North Yorkshire.

Regards & best wishes to one and all.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Hey 'Grizzly' hope you are managing to find your way around. If you have any questions just shout out and I'm sure plenty of Mods/members will help ๐Ÿ˜€

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hey Lindsay, thank you. I'm not the quickest with these things, lol, bit of a techno biff with computers, lol. Been with Biker Match for a couple of years now and jumping into the Forum is a first.

Grizzly.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Awesome to see new faces in the chatroom. Welcome aboard mate                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

How come when I post in the chatroom I press send and post disappears, cant see any of them and have no idea whether its on or not. Cant get involved in chats if I cant see my own posts.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Yarg I'm in chat ATM , try it now

Matt's Profile
Matt

Yarg please go here for me and copy the link it gives you...

www.whatsmybrowser.org                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Matt, chat flap is grey, always has been, on my screen, Samsung shite mobile.

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Matt, four or five of us in chat tonight, no chat flap blinking (for want of a better word!)๐Ÿ˜‰Did you have a change of heart n remove it or is it on strike?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Still finding my way around.

Grizzly.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Bug found and fixed! Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Oooh I'm liking the fact that ya can click on the member name in chat n it opens up their profile. Where have I been??? Only just found this by accident ... ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Fat fingers bothering you again? Lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Possibly๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ณ.

It's good that my lil stubby pinkies are still finding stuff, even if it is by accident! ๐Ÿ˜‰                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5156 seconds. There are 667 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption