NEW FEATURE: New chatroom!

57 Posts | Latest reply on 15/11/2017 00:26:09 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

ChatFlap button fixed for safari/apple browsers. It was also not working on some older android phones - now fixed. So the button should appear AND work now for everyone.

Jinx, I just booted up my prehistoric Samsung Galaxy S4 and was able to open your profile and photos using the basic/standard internet browser.
However, my friend using iPhone still can't open your profile.
I've asked my friends on Facebook here in Holland if someone can lend me an old iPhone for testing. So far no joy.
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Works OK on my Android (Nougat) phone and also my old iPad2.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Thanks, good to know it's working more and more.
Now to get it used more and more (think it will be when we swap over to the new website)                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

just tried chat on my old (steam driven) lappy and I am very happy to report that IT WORKS! YIPPPEEEE!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

No colour to the text? Well that's  a step back. It's  easier to follow conversation when a colour is associated with a chatter.

Since I stopped using a PC my typing speed has dropped considerably, that's  why I don't  use  the chat room anymore.

I'm  waiting for the new site to be fully functioning before I use it. I can't  be doing with all this toing and froing.

Can't  say I understand why standard members will get nearly as many benefits as premium members. I think we'll lose quite a lot of premium members. Just my HO
Matt's Profile
Matt

Sandi, just to clarify about standard members getting more features. This is temporary! Just to get more people to move over to the new site.

I may next year try something completely new... making the site free completely for everyone, with a small popup sometimes asking people to donate.
If it works and people donate we'll keep it. If not we'll go back to the old system.
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Flap chat bar opens too willingly on my desktop...overlaps stuff I'm clicking on in other tabs...such as photo album.

Matt's Profile
Matt

Nick, what operating system/browser & versions etc?                                                                                                                                                                             
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

Windows desktop.
32' HD monitor...
W7 Pro 32 / W8.1 Pro 64 bit

Firefox browser.

nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

I've uploaded 3 images to an album called BM Beta on my profile.
Used your profile pics as a comparison to see difference in how they display.
Although - with respect - I did find someone with a lovelier smile :)
Hope that helps.

You can see with Marsha's image that the picture overlaps the chatroom tab, so with touch / click functions, they collide.

My profile pics - as the user logged in - displays images tabbed to the left with no scroll option.

Yours shows a set of images across the page in a landscape mode.
Matt's Profile
Matt

Fixed. Now when you open photos it will hide the flap, and when you close photos the flap will come back.

But - i see in your screenshot you're not really seeing all of the flap, just part of it. Weird.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Matt, you may not want to hear this but the 'chat flap' (that sounds SO wrong!) has disappeared on my phone I didn't have a problem before and it was there on Friday evening. It disappeared over the weekend sometime (gone on holiday perhaps?!) I tried on Monday and gave up n used the old site. It's not been seen since. Don't know what else to say except ...Grrrrr!Angry                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

My catflap is still in my back door,so must be just the others...Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Hmmm, nothing has changed to be honest. I was away all weekend and didn't change anything in the code at all.

Try pressing CTRL+F5 (Windows, not sure about Apples). Also log out and back in again.

I see the Chat flap now and can use it                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I tried that and it's still not there ...Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Bang it on the table Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

What the 'chat flap' or the Mobile?   Err, how hard n how many times would you suggest Mr P? 

Oh yeah n should I stand on one leg with my arm raised above my head ??!ClownWackoShocked

Matt's Profile
Matt

I'm with JP on this one, just bang it on the table.

What browser are you using? Mobile vs desktop? Can you try some other devices for me? Need to know if it's your browser or account                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Woohoo, 'The Flap' is back, just tried it! Sooo it disappeared, then reappeared  on android phone BUT disappeared on iPad .... Oooh SPOOKY!WackoClown                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Matt, I don't know if you saw the suggestion xsuzix made in Chat, with regards to the 'flap', the other day?

So putting it out there for your consideration (personally I thought was was a great idea, don't know about everyone else) ....

What if the 'flap' could flash when someone is posting?

My suggestion is even if it was only when chat hadn't been used for a period of time. Rather than constantly when conversation is taking place, just have it flash intermittently

It is so unobtrusive that I no longer notice it when in the forums.

Don't know if it possible or indeed whether you/others would want it to?

Great ideađź’ˇ xsuzix

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 686 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption