Messaging / PM'ing issues

20 Posts | Latest reply on 03/10/2017 14:06:56 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Anyone having problems with their messaging side of their account?

Not sure if those I've messaged haven't received my message at their end even though it shows on my side as having been sent, or if they have messaged me and I haven't been able to receive it for some reason?

Yes it could be that the person has simply decided not to reply back for some reason, I accept this but I was messaging to a couple of people on here often and now heard nothing, so not sure if there's a tech issue or (and I hope this is not the case) that they have chosen not to keep in touch.

Hence just asking the question if anyone else is having a similar issue?
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

I haven't noticed anything untowards in relation to PM's Neophyte.

You can see in your sent messages whether they have been read by looking at the bottom left corner. One green tick means it's been sent but is unread & two green ticks means it's has been opened/read by the recipient.

There is one person I have PMd who hasn't read the PM's I've sent in ages but I know that person hasnt logged on for a while.

Hope the above helps and that you haven't got a gremlin!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

All's well in the end.

Thanks for posting Lindsay.  I know about the green ticks, but as it has been a while and I had nothing I did wonder if there was a problem.  However, someone has been kind enough to message me so things are working fine after all. Thumbs Up

Gingeee's Profile
Gingeee

In: Tell you later

All the women folk were just ignoring you buddy Disapprove
They are cruel LOL

Woo Woo Blu's Profile
Woo Woo Blu

In: Eastbourne
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

I've had problems with messages going astray when I use different devices... ok from work PC (ssshhh don't tell the boss) but vanished into cyberspace when I use my laptop at home!?!?!?!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I have had the same problem as you Woo woo Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Woo Woo Blu's Profile
Woo Woo Blu

Still having a few issues with cyberspace pinching the message. Anyone else? Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
She11's Profile
She11

In: Bradford

I too keep losing my messages. It's so annoying. Often when I type it goes slow and changes words too. I'm on iPhone so don't know if it's anything to do with that                                                                                                                                                                             
Woo Woo Blu's Profile
Woo Woo Blu

Can't help with an answer, She11, but I'm using a PC so.... Wacko

natz2's Profile
natz2

In: Chichester
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Yep I've been having issues of messages not sharing. Wonderful when you've written quite a bit

She11's Profile
She11

You have to get into the habit of copying before u send just in case                                                                                                                                                                             
Woo Woo Blu's Profile
Woo Woo Blu

Brilliant tip She11. I wish I'd thought of that sooner, lol LOL

nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Yes...draft in notepad or similar and then paste into message box.
Be careful not to do what I did, which was to paste a partially written message, saved from earlier.
It appeared to have a very different meaning...has caused me much turmoil Confused Broken Heart

She11's Profile
She11

Haha nickscafe that's funny! Sorry to laugh at your misfortune                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Please try using the new website more than the old one. The new messenger system is much more robust and completely redesigned....

https://beta.bikermatch.co.uk

Click My Account \ Inbox
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

I've just had an entire conversation with somebody vanish off my messages...Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Jinx, this happens if we delete the person (spammer/scammer) or if they delete their own account.

If you can still see the person online then please send me the details in a private message and I will investigate further.                                                                                                                                                                             
555byker's Profile
555byker

In: Ormskirk Lancash
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

Matt, although I am using the beta site, I have returned to my account on the old site communicator, on a few occasions. There I have 'viewed Jinx 2212 times' that's not physically possible and there are several other 'viewings' that are not for real !?!
Matt's Profile
Matt

Hey,
Yes that's a strange phenomenon I don't understand at the moment.
I apparently viewed myself 95 times yesterday. It's really weird and worrying.
I'm investigating as top priority                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Wow for you it's particularly bad! There's 11,247 recorded "views" by you over the past 2 weeks.
By comparison the 2nd highest number is 400.

It's like your browser gets stuck in a loop hitting the server.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 673 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption