events

25 Posts | Latest reply on 25/07/2017 22:32:38 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
dennyboo's Profile
dennyboo

In: Huddersfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

This site really needs more runs out up north get on the road its what proper bikers do  strines run north yorks run dales run come on guys its boring                                                                                                                                                                              
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Welcome to BM.    Nowt stopping you from posting ride outs and meet ups yourself.   Pick a day n time, put a post up on the events thread and see what happens.  It's how I did it when I joined BM.  

Also get over to squires n meet some other bmers.   I believe there is a meet up next Sunday.  Again check the events threads.

RB
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Not so easy when you don't  have your own transport Denny. 

dennyboo's Profile
dennyboo

can you do that ? well I will then and squires fgs most just sit there all day drinking coffee bikers my arse                                                                                                                                                                              
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Absolutely.  I've done a few rides out to Wales and a camping trip to angelsey, as well as a few nights out.   You want to ride and have company then post and see who responds.   You get out of this site what ya put in.   
Meeting at squires is a good way of meeting your local bmers.  So you drink some coffee and sit for a bit, but you have a chat....at least you make contact and make friends,. There are quite a few that like a good ride out over your way.

Dont let being new stop you from putting up rides.  

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Some of us (me) ain't fit enough to ride for miles after we've  ridden to the meeting place, and sitting drinking and chatting is good for me cos I am at home alone 24/7 and it sucks!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

We ride out regularly, I've already extended the hand of friendship  to you Denny, but you seem to think our style of riding won't be your style (?)

My other half rides all year round, motorcycles are his only form of transport, so if you would like to join us for a couple of rideouts feel free. If not then organise something yourself and post it up. Btw, we go to the East Coast, Moors, Derbyshire, Lakes, Scotland, down South to Hampshire, Wales we've been down to The Ace, Loonies. We don't just trundle up to Squires for the afternoon,it's a meeting point for riders coming from a relatively large area. As you already know we use Holmfirth as a meeting point too. Give it a go, you never know, you never know you may like it.
dennyboo's Profile
dennyboo

Lindsay I wanted to come on the Matlock run but had a big run out with the lads to penrith . would love to go on a ride out but there doesn't seem to be any of interest up our way                                                                                                                                                                              
dennyboo's Profile
dennyboo

Rowan I like your input do you just post a run out on here ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

There is always stuff going on, but I have noticed people tend to organise stuff in smaller groups, usually by pm or fb. It seems to be if you know people you get to find out about the runs.

The key is to meet folk, let them know you are interested in getting out n about, suggest some places and watch the ball roll. 

All you have to do with regards to forums and ride out is think of somewhere you would like to go, choose a date (try to pick one that hasn't got a rally on, as more people will be available).
Start a thread, and ask if anyone is interested in joining you.  You can always add it as an event to the calendar so peeps can add themselves to it and can see who is going.   Good luck Thumbs Up

RB is an expert at organising stuff, so she will have her own tips on how to make it a success.
btw previous post should be Loomies grrr! Spell check!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hey Dennyboo tske the experts advice .Dont moan snd groan .Get your own ride toghther and watch the tide of bikers follow your hide 😉                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Like Linz says......pick a day and a route and put up a "whose interested" thread    

Put the description and date in the title so it's clear, ie, ride out to Morecambe on .../..../....

Describe the type of ride you are aiming for.

"Fast riders only, route ...." or "open to all, learner friendly route"

The more detail the better.   

Once you have an idea as to who is interested you can submit as an event   you can submit anyway, but I tend to wait and see if anyone is interested.

I've not organised anything for about a year, but if you go back through the threads you will find one, usually called Wales trip.

If you want to do a social, pick a date, place (pub, club, etc) and again see whose intersted.  Have a look at a few Catkins' done....York n chester.  

A lot of the general rides will be mixed.   As long as the fast ones stick together and the meeting points are known, they go off to play, whilst the rest of us do a more leisurely speed.

Hope that helps 

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=13811                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=13283                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=12647

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=12644

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=14726

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=14709

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=14657

Quick selection of how a few of us put events up.   Hope that helps

RB
dennyboo's Profile
dennyboo

I have to say thankyou to Rowan blossom for all the help she gave me what a nice person she is and I did not appreciate it at the time public apology to you Rowan                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Take a bow, RB! 

The Boo-meister recognising your fabulousness (something we all know already) Wink Thumbs Up

Is there an award ceremony with a 'Boo' to stick on the window sill in ya downstairs loo I wonder ... Ermm

dennyboo's Profile
dennyboo

Ha ha your the best Lindz xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

oy the pair of you.   stop ruining my grumpy reputation......I mean really!!!!!!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
dennyboo's Profile
dennyboo

ha ha your not a grumpy sod that was me at that time lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 1043 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption