Long Distance Riding and Scatter Rallies

11 Posts | Latest reply on 23/02/2017 22:48:51 by izzyhill | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi,Apart from me, has anyone on here done any Long Distance Riding or entered any of the Scatter Rallies that are around ... I'm looking for a riding buddy for some of them.
I'm a member of Iron Butt Association and have done several IBA events
Iceni Rally
Brit Butt Light
End to End
and the RBLR1000

This year I'm looking to the;
South West Peninsular Spring Rally
Welsh National Road Rally
Brit Butt Light
Iceni Rally
Possibly the Brit Butt
Anyone else here 'enjoy' the challenges?
I'm taking a trip to Norway in August, up to the Lofoten Islands, coming back through boring Sweden so I plan to have a go another 1000 miles in 24 hours - there's nothing to see there until Stockholm and Malmo!

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I have friends who do the National, Welsh and Scottish rallies and who also do their own small scatter rally around Yorks/Lincs/Leics. I've done that one the last 3 years and will be going again this year.
Haven't yet managed to join them for the Scotland rally - but do mean to try!

If you've the patience to scroll back through past forum posts you might find the account of our rookie rally by me and HyabusaRob - we've made limited progress since then LOL

jaybuzz's Profile
jaybuzz

In: Christchurch Han
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

As a Bike courier i rode anything up to 2000 miles a week and still ride an average of 5/600 miles a week, rallies, not done one for years.

Motorbike50's Profile
Motorbike50

In: Rhyl
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Hi there Goingtouring.
I've done some long distance riding over the years. One in 2014 from North Wales to Mongolia via Turkey,Iran,Russia,-12,000mls in 6weeks with Nick Saunders.
Not really looked into any rallies that you mention. Could be interested!.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

OK Motorbike50, lets stay in touch, not set owt in stone yet ...

Motorbike50's Profile
Motorbike50

In: Rhyl
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Ok GoingT will keep in touch. I think our path's will cross on pick up a pillion day at Matlock, look forwards to meeting you Handshake                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

If anyone's interested in a one-day scatter I can recommed this:
http://bikerralliesuk.com/challenges/motorbike-scatter-challenge/
https://www.facebook.com/Biker-Rallies-1538344373078749/
It's on Saturday 17th June this year, start/finish at Market Harborough

Give it a go?
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Gawd dammit Izz-ster, I'm able to make it AGAIN!! at HellFest Disapprove or Smile undecided now ... Ermm

madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I've done Central France to Edinburgh in a oner several times 998 miles door to door.  Takes about 17hours Thumbs Up using ferry

Most tours back from Germany i do in a one hit also via tunnel so never bothered with iron butt or the likes Pinch easy on right bike Thumbs Up 

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Izzy, all booked for me and i have signed up for the book an bell one as well! Such fun.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Hey Rob, a couple of little birdies had said as much. Looking forward to it, and I've signed up for the Book and Bell challenge too - eagerly awaiting the locations.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 816 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption