23rd April Pick up a Pillion Day - Matlock

178 Posts | Latest reply on 24/04/2017 22:14:44 by Joey05 | Go to original / last post
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

BJ has asked me to organise Pick up a Pillion Day, suggesting I double it up with The Matlock Ice cream and chips. So if the mods could put it on the events, and all you prospective pilly's get your request on that page, then that's what 23rd of April is going to be. If you propose to come, then if you do/can carry a pilly, be generous with those spare seats. I've not organised this before so feel free with any info etc, pm me if you like.
watch this space I guess.  

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Thanks AJ.

Due to waiting for op date for Mr Ken, i can not commit to organising the whole thing this year, as i may not be avle to attend, so cheers to AJ for accepting the gauntlet :)

Usual stuff applies, time to meet at Bassetts Pole Maccies Car Park will be posted, followed by a leaving time, estimated time of arrival at Matlock :)

If anybody would like to arrange for a ride from Squires or anywhere else please do so.

Great time to meet folk for the first time.

Anybody wanting a pilly seat, add yourself to th elift option on the event and same applies to anybody offering a seat.

Feel free to ask questions within the thread or PM me if you prefer :)
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Sounds like a cracking idea, to tie them both togetherClap

For anyone wishing to join Stuie n myself for the ride down to Matlock. We will be leaving the carpark opposite the Corner House Cafe, in front of the Post Office in Holmfirth at 10.30am.  

Please let one of us know if you intend on joining us, so that we can swap numbers if necessary - we wouldn't want to set off without you! Thumbs Up

We will also be going for something to eat, followed by a beer (or three) on Saturday 22nd. Feel free to join us! Last time we did the Holmfirth Hobble, we had a fun filled time! BeerWacko

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham

Looking forward to this one always a good turnout.                                                                                                                                                                              
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Hi to all you new and old types ha ha   Keep an eye on 23rd April - Pick up a Pillion day - this year will be at Matlock.  This is a great event to meet up with new people and keep an eye out also for places  to meet up prior to setting off for MATLOCK - or make your own way.  I'm pretty sure (mentioning no names) that I know one or two who have paired off after a Pick up a Pilly day. Should be on events in the not too distant future.  For us Midland lot, the usual meet up is Bassetts Pole  and then go from there, but I'll finalise that nearer the time. If you want to check out where it is - Post Code Address: London Road Bassets Pole, Sutton ......  B75 5SA  Usually meet outside or inside McDonalds for a tea and a bun before setting off.  I don't mind leading if someone will volunteer to be backmarker to keep the L's and 125's in line. No motorways so L/125 will be OK, no-one will get left behind. Come along, join in, what have you got to lose ???  
 As BJ says : Anybody wanting a pilly seat, add yourself to the 'lift' option on the event and same applies to anybody offering a seat.

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

AJ,approx. what time will you be starting from Bassett's Pole,as i've got a few miles to cover between us??And if i offer a pillion ride,got to allow time to pick them up too...life is SO complicated sometimes...lol :)>                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

I will say 10:45 - 11:00  start from Bassetts. Should give you plenty of time to get there.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Splendido,and mille grazie..:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
Jaffa's Profile
Jaffa

In: st helens
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Will have a look at going to this

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Jaffa, may need to request a Pilly myself lol

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

On events page, so please add yourself

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/newcalendar_event_details.asp?event_id=5478#

VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Eleven already and it's still January Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

It's the thought of ICECREAM in Matlock after the rideout that's bringing them out of the woodwork AJ. Wink

The other option doesn't bear thinking about Shocked ...the outing of the big yellow birdy again Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

You buy me an ice cream, I'll bring tweety.Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Aha but will you wear it whilst consuming the prize? THAT is THE question!

One very large icecream on order for the geezer in the Woodstock outfit. Big smile

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

If i can not get a pilly i will turn in at Matlock in the car if nowt else just to poke AJ LOL

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Well I thought I'd  posted in here but obvs not. Wacko
As per I'm  looking for a lift to Matlock Bath for this event. Message me if you can oblige, I can contribute to your travel costs. Big smile

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

There are just a couple of rendezvous/start points so far folks;

***  Bassetts Pole (McDonalds Car Park), London Road, B75 5SA - leaving between 10:45am - 11:00am

***  Car Park (opposite the Corner House Cafe & Bambles) Towngate, Holmfirth, HD9 3AY - leaving at 10:30am

I would assume that there will be other start points.  Can you please post these up once they are organised. Cheers Thumbs Up 

Looking forward to this one Big smile

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

My house...8:30am,after i've walked the dog...lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Thanks to goingtouring for offering me a lift to this event, it's much appreciated Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 668 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption