Comfy Seat

30 Posts | Latest reply on 20/04/2017 09:40:20 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I've been looking for ages for a Gel seat for my Tiger, but with no joy.
So I'm now looking at buying some sort of seat pad for my bike.
There seem to be two types of seat, Air or Gel.
Is there anybody who used both, if so what is the best one to go for?
Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

My arse is big enough with out implants                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Runs in the family Bro lol                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

There was a guy with a gel seat on his VFR at Pilly day when we went to Cat and Fiddle, and he swore by the gel seat.  never tried one meself though.

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

I have a gel insert on the blackbird and its fine never had an air seat but nothing is air tight so it will leak over time. There are plenty of seat rebuilder out there who can do same thing with verios foam inserts may be worth talking to them before laying out money on a gel insert or pad
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

I was thinking the same about air seat leaking too.                                                                                                                                                                             
Imola72's Profile
Imola72

In: Rainhill near Li
34% Karma34% Karma 34% Karma34% Karma

Bob the seat on Ebay did the VFR seat mentioned earlier, well recommended

Imola72's Profile
Imola72

It was Paul from Ormskirk (555byker) who had the seat converted with a gel pad on his VFR

Imola72's Profile
Imola72

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bobtheseat                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

Cheers Imola I've had a look on ebay for Bob the seat, it doesn't look like he's on there anymore.                                                                                                                                                                             
Imola72's Profile
Imola72

There's always the option of buying  gel pad and doing the job yourself. I've never tried air seats but I know gel seats work really well from personal experience.                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

I can't do it myself.
Because I'm not allowed sharp things, Big Sis gets worried.

Imola72's Profile
Imola72

Big smileBig smile There's a link to Bobs Ebay page a couple of posts back up ^^^^

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

You can try the Corbin leather seat for a Tiger sat in my garage doing nowt...had it years used it twice..superb over long distances,just preferred the original style..:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

All depends what year and model your tiger is,mine's an 885 steamer,1994                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

02, 955i                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

yeah that was him  555byker - well remembered. Big smile Strangely enough got a photo of him and Jane on my 'Cat and Fiddle' album in my 'photos' on my profile.

Imola72's Profile
Imola72

Seemed like a really decent guy, not seen anything of him since despite only living 11 miles away

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I always think, when your arse starts hurting it time for a brew. 
Seems to work for me. 

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Try telling Mistress Whiplash that...:/>                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9531 seconds. There are 1022 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption