Weekend Camp at The Barge Inn, Wiltshire.

72 Posts | Latest reply on 14/05/2017 13:06:21 by DAVE VM | Go to original / last post
Quietman2's Profile
Quietman2

In: FLEETWOOD
35% Karma35% Karma 35% Karma35% Karma

Although the Barges website for bookings has not opened yet they have put up a price list , £8.50 pppn in a tent. So can we put this on events and get a proper list of who is interested ?please Put my name down as well please Dave ,be good to see you again 
Tongue

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Oooh QM, you're filling your diary up aintcha?  Hope we are gonna see you over this way at some stage this year Ermm and we will make an effort to get over to your neck of the woods soonThumbs Up

Right back on topic; definitely three of us Stuie, GeorgiePorgie n me. A few others possible waiting for confirmation.   

Looking forward to this BeerBig smile

vtwinsteve's Profile
vtwinsteve

In: Dudley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Don't want to pee on anyone's bonfire but a friend of mine who lives close to the Barge says the pub is selling the land which is presently the campsite. This may just be a local rumour, but worth checking out!                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

I have emailed The Barge Inn enquiring for information and i'm awaiting a reply.

If vtwinsteve's info is correct that the barge is selling it's campsite, there are a couple of other pubs with campsites attached in that area that i will make enquiries to. 
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

I'll await news,then...but still interested in a bit of a do with tents,wherever..:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

I've heard back from The Barge Inn via quite a vague  email saying They are closed for camping the moment and would be reopening in the spring depending on the ground conditions and when they update their website. 
I did ask for any info regarding any planned pitch fee increases and whether to pre book or not, but this has'nt been forthcoming. 

Your thoughts on whether to continue with the Barge or look else where, i would still like to go to the Barge ??.  
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

I would give them till easter but still would be looking for a plan B just in case

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Stick with The Barge Inn and look for camping reasonably close by, for the wobble to bed, if possible is my preference.   

However, Dave it is your 'baby' (so to speak) so do what the heck you like and I'm sure most, if not all, will go with the flow WinkThumbs Up

Motorbike50's Profile
Motorbike50

In: Rhyl
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Stay with the Barge Inn if you can, looks a cracking place to camp & a nice trip down from up here. Like JP says leave til Easter.Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

Oh Blimey Lindsay has spoken, that's settled, the Barge Inn it is then !.   I will make a plan B just in case though.

@Motorbike50  Yes the Barge is a cracking place to camp, just don't turn the wrong way when you come out the pub after having a few glasses of Giggle Water Beer, you'll get wet feet Tongue

Motorbike50's Profile
Motorbike50

Tongue Just a few glasses!. Thanks for the warning, quack quack.
See what you can sort out, I'll go with the flow.

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Ooh Davey my boy, you are getting cheeky! LOL

I'm looking forward to this one, my kipper is giddish already!!Wink

Is it on events yet?  If I can put my name down on something it makes it feel soooo much closer to going on my jollidays...  Embarrassed Cool

Btw, are we THERE yet?????LOL

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Dave - depending on where in his recovery Mr Ken is this may involve us being in teh car, is that ok?

DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

That's not a problem at all Jackie, it'll be good to see you there.                                                                                                                                                                              
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

Your nose gets bigger with every text Dave.                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Bro you know you miss me Embarrassed

DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

I'm going to get back in touch with the Barge Inn in early April/Easter time and see if i can get any information from them.
I have got another venue in mind, the Golden Swan at Wilcot which is  about a mile or so from the Barge Inn should camping at the Barge not be possible.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Just had a very quick look at The Golden Swan,  looks good to me DaveThumbs Up.  

Quietman2's Profile
Quietman2

In: FLEETWOOD
35% Karma35% Karma 35% Karma35% Karma

Either or will do me Dave cant wait                                                                                                                                                                             
Motorbike50's Profile
Motorbike50

HugI'll go with the flowSmile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6543 seconds. There are 574 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption