bike cams please

13 Posts | Latest reply on 19/11/2016 20:20:16 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

whats the best and chepes bike cam helmet cam  all help would be good x                                                                                                                                                                              
Scarecrow's Profile
Scarecrow

In: Droitwich

I use a Sony, not cheap but good. Pays to get good mounts. I don't like the idea of helmet cams, if I did get a helmet one I'd go for a small compact one that smashed off easily in a serious accident.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5567366?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158|cid:200291090|agid:12504756170|tid:pla-266889885538|crid:66128555330|nw:g|rnd:3916230307472682306|dvc:c|adp:1o3&gclid=CJWYs7-nrtACFUG4Gwod-F8DjA

http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_181894.html?currency=GBP&lkid=10133815&gclid=CLGm3s2nrtACFasp0wodcq4GPg

http://www.lightinthebox.com/sports-camera-4k-wifi-waterproof-action-camera-high-defenition-2-0-inch-sports-dv-360-degree-sport-camera-yellow_p5150493.html?currency=GBP&litb_from=paid_adwords_shopping&sku=1_737%7C272_26678&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&adword_mt=&adword_ct=84187195634&adword_kw=&adword_pos=1o1&adword_pl=&adword_net=g&adword_tar=&adw_src_id=1810908567_301579154_21687113474_pla-214569159674&gclid=CMnDs9qnrtACFQ0z0wod-68GLA

Those 3 are excellent value. The Argos one is 720p, the GearBest is 1080p, and the LightInTheBox one is supposed to be 4K but it only shows 1080p in the specs.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Whilst on this subject is there a waterproof camera out there that runs off of the bikes 12v battery supply?

Everything out there seams to run off of there own internal battery supply giving just a few hours coverage of your lucky.

Ohh and it also needs to be able to capture a car's number plate clearly enough to read it.
Scarecrow's Profile
Scarecrow

In: Droitwich

car dash cams have a lead to plug into the fag lighter, put a socket on the bike.                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

thank you every one very helpful x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Dunno about waterproof and 12v, they seem to be either one or the other. Probably because the power socket wouldn't keep the water out I guess. But as mentioned the dashcam will be 12v, not so sure about waterproof though.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thats the problem I'm having. Dash cam is of no use as its quiet wet here in Blighty.

I need a cam that runs when ever I'm riding the bike. Had a few incidences recently where car drivers have tried to knock me off and the start a fight on the side of the road around the huddersfield/DENBY dale areas.

Oddly enough the more by the book I ride the more Agro I get from idiots.

I need a camera as plod refuse to do anything about it. There's been three times in the last few months where it's come down to a stand off where the drivers have approuched or tried to attack me at junctions and I'm getting feed up with it.

And no I can't just ride off as every time they have pinned me in when I'm stationary or driven at me forcing me off the road. I want some evidence before it gets silly. 
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Stuie, my friend Gary rides bicycles all the time,and his helmet cam is definitely crystal clear definition,and utterly waterproof,i'll ask him for details and pass it on to you..:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Ditto Of Course for Kaycat,too..:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Deep sea divers use waterproof pens and paper. Perhaps a pillion could strap an easel to your back and knock off a few sketches for you.
 hope this helpsThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i've had one of these for a few years completely waterproof, internal battery, but can also be run of ciggy lighter/12 volt supply...............http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRIFT-GHOST-1080-HD-CAMERA-SKIING-MOTORCYCLE-BIKE-TRACK-DAY-SPORTS-ACTION-CAM-/131385473135?hash=item1e972f386f:g:H9IAAOxyV-xR5q3i.........................................................................................................newer version slightly upgraded...................http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drift-Ghost-S-HD-Motorcycle-MTB-Surf-Ski-Snow-Helmet-Action-Camera-/191988813553?hash=item2cb36ccef1:g:leEAAOSwPCVX9lI8..............................................................................................................but maybe nicer and more comprehensive......................http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCLE-BLUETOOTH-HEADSET-HELMET-CAMERA-2-IN-1-AUDIO-AND-1080p-HD-VIDEO-/252167943209?hash=item3ab6617429:g:ge8AAOSw3xJXpMgZ..........................................................................................car dash cams cheaper but no waterproofing pretty hopeless on 2 wheels
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

prefer camera fixed on helmet as then it films what ever you look at mounted to front/rear of bike limited vision                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 653 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption