Distances between members

7 Posts | Latest reply on 18/06/2016 07:27:31 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

,,,I'm fairly new and still getting the hang of this site and noticed the distance in miles of other members , but also noticed that some are way out ,,,, question ,,,,, in general how accurate are they , anyone know ?

VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I'm in Sutton Coldfield. stick that in AA routefinder and see how that compares ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

,,,Hi it says 21- 24 miles which is more than the the 16 I can see under your pic.  ,, but one said a town was 26ml. and I traveled it to work and clocked 38-40                                                                                                                                                                              
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

think it by plane or as the crow flies just a ball park thing x                                                                                                                                                                              
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

I think KC has hit the nail on the head, I have always thought it was a linear measurement not a road travelled distance.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

,,,How silly of me , I didn't think of an airplane :) ,,, as for crows I don't trust them , be carefull when you're underneath them ,,,still ,,, thanks for clearing tha up for me .....                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It's done by the the first part of your postcode, and it's rather random - if another user shares the same first 3 letters/digit it'll show 0 miles between them, but some post code areas are huge....

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 584 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption