Pick up a Pilly Day 2016

66 Posts | Latest reply on 28/03/2016 19:52:56 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Its that time again folks
After the previous fab turn outs for this, am proposing we do it all again this year :)

For those who are new to the site, its a day were those with spare pilly seats offer them to those in need, leaving points from several areas and a set place for us all to meet :)

Either Sunday 24th April or Sunday 15th May are th e2 dates suggested :) choices please folks

Destination
Cafe opposite Tourist Information Centre
Sherwood Heath
Ollerton Roundabout
Newark
Nottinghamshire
England
NG22 9DR
Its about 1.5 mile from the Big Tree aka The Major Oak
Brum starting place is Bassetts Pole                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

May aswell come along just to eat all the pies lol Im should be good for which ever the majority wont

bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

To early to know if i'll have a bike on the road by then.

Oh, and i'm working both those weekends anyway. 

Not to worry.                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Either date for me                                                                                                                                                                              
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

24th April please    I'm on 4 x nights for t'other

bugsbunny's Profile
bugsbunny

In: Hinckley

All being well I will be there. Make sure you have passenger insurance cover include on your policy.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

Why Buggs its a legal requirement if a bike has a pillion seat it must be insured they try it on. They cannot give you insurance on just a rider if the bike has been designed with a pillion seat.                                                                                                                                                                               
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

some insurance companies refuse cover for pillions on sports and super sport and some off road bikes even if they do have pillion seats.
 Most insurance companies deem pillion cover as an extra. In Event of an accident without cover you may be lucky if the insurance company see the pillion as a third party. But it's not always the case.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'd be up for either date.
Sounds like a fun run out.
Happy to run a meet up point to start from Northampton for those local to it. Join up with others on route?

old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Either date will be good for me Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
bugsbunny's Profile
bugsbunny

Passenger insurance is a tick in the box and if you have it then they will not be able to try it on paying out for injuries. Not having it won't get you prosecuted or points etc. (if you have a seat and footrests).                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hope this isn't scaremongering, but my understanding is that if your insurance policy offers pillion cover and you choose not to take it, and then take a pillion out, you run the risk that in the event of a crash, the pillion may well be able to claim damages etc from you, and your insurer is NOT liable, so the courts can go after your assets to settle the claim....
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

I would appreciate this thread being kept for the actual Pilly day information, happy for you guys to start a new PIllion Insurance thread :)                                                                                                                                                                              
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

And if you can title it "who wants a fight" we'll all be gratefull                                                                                                                                                                             
bugsbunny's Profile
bugsbunny

I'm still available if required both dates but calendar filling quick. Any idea which date ?                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Don't forget to give Ollerton café a heads up that we're coming.

Only 1 option for me - 24th April please                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

For those who haven't been it's a nice place to sit, tho' more room outside than in. If my bike buddy Mark is available hopefully we may be at this one.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

Hopefully this cold weather will be gone by the time this event takes place. If you have a preferred date let Bj know asap asap so the date can be posted and get this event off to a good start                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

24th April looks like the winner then ...... last 48 hours to have you say folks before its finalised :)                                                                                                                                                                              
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Nice one BJ  -  I can do that one.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9063 seconds. There are 577 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption