Non Sports Bikes are boring

12 Posts | Latest reply on 08/02/2016 17:19:16 by dustin666 | Go to original / last post
Wizard FOTB's Profile
Wizard FOTB

In: Towcester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ok so I read a thread by Gloom saying it was all not so interesting anymore.I test rode a BMW adventure a while back and when I returned I got told off by one of the staff. He said I rode off too fast and had burnt the clutch and now it would have to stand still for two hours to cool down!I wondered why anybody buys them if that's the case

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

BMWs ... bleeeuuuggghhh lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Its a shame Stuie. is a standard member atm, he would have loved to have told you about the test ride he did on a BMW (from Squires) ... suffice to say he was informed that he was going into the corners too fast and the pegs shouldn't be on the deck! Somehow I doubt he will be test riding any BMWs from Squires any time soon ... His card is well and truly marked!

I don't think the fact he jumped off the BMW upon returning to Squires, threw the keys at the demo guy and sprinted across to the ZX-12R to move it out of the rapidly flooding carpark.
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

If I were told that I would have laughed and said I was going to buy 1 till you told me they have a weak clutch and walked away. As for sports bikes there great if you have a back that can be bent over double for hours on end lol

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

BMW....say no more!

I'm too old and too tall to survive on a sports bike without my joints severely complaining. Love my Varadero, will give most sports bikes a damned good run in the twisties too. Even if they do eventually pull away, I'll not have aching wrists, back, knees etc to contend with at the next stop :-)
Gloom's Profile
Gloom

In: Southport

Sports bikes Hmmmm
I can get on them but need a couple of mates to lift me off and straighten me out after 10 minutes of riding. Give me a proper motorbike any day and not one of those plastic monstrosities. 

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Must admit I also think sports bikes are awful plastic shite and would never ride one even if I was given one for free.... 

Although I dislike some makes of non-sports bikes purely for aesthetic reasons and performance, I wouldn't say that non-sports bikes are boring, just not some people's cups o tea that's all.

Gimme a wee ratty-looking, scruffy, 60mph topspeed Yam over bright sparkling plastic, higher speed and sore back ANYDAY Tongue X                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hey I have one ( well two ) of those ratty looking , scruffy, top speed 60 Yams thank you Lulu :D

I would like a sporty- type bike, just for those odd occasions when feel a bit of a delinquent ,but probably more sports tourer

But prefer a BONNIE any day or an Enfield
Triple955's Profile
Triple955

In: Chorley

Not exactly a big sports bike but there's nothing to beat an RS 250 Aprilia in the fun riding stakes...especially with 28mpg and two stroke oil at 16 quid a litre...boring?...never..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeah Feylin the wee rattys are the best aren't they? Wink x

An Enfield or Matchless does come a close second tho' Heart  

GL Blue's Profile
GL Blue

In: essex
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

I like my trike because i have short legs and i don't fall off and it's comfortable on long journeys plus it's got some umph if i need it.                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Roadtested a gixxer 750 a couple if month back.
Fekn awesome, even on B roads.
The only problem was that when both feet were on the pegs , my arse was 6inches above the seat.
It took a couple of mile before mi joints allowed mi bum to reach the seat lol.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 912 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption