Any Idea?

13 Posts | Latest reply on 28/10/2007 13:44:22 by RC | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

I gave up smoking 5 days ago and was wondering does anyone know how long it takes for the taste buds to calm down?   Everything tastes so grotty to me and my tongue is sore from eating mints.   I've never heard anyone else say that everything tasted odd when they gave up smoking Confused                                                                                                                                                                                
nina's Profile
nina

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

the same happened to me when i stopped the last time ..... the food i liked when smoked i hated taste of , it took 2-3 weeks for me taste buds to settle ....   hope this helps   WELL DONE YOU Clap, keep it up , dont do like me & start again                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Thanks Nina, yes it helps. I originally posted my question in Dulali's topic entitled 'I need help with my narky knickers' but I don't think folk realised.     I won't be starting smoking again as I was forced to give up cos I can't afford to. I didn't have the money to buy tobacco so I had to do without and here I am 6 days later wishing I'd done it years ago. I've wanted to give up smoking, for a long time, but never had the will power. Once I accepted that I can't afford to buy any more then I didn't have a choice and will power wasn't the big issue it could have been.    The first time I gave up smoking was over 25 yrs ago just for 5 weeks and I had the most awful time in the first 2 weeks, twitchy legs and irritability, but this time I've not had any withdrawal symptoms which I think is odd.    I keep expecting to wake up one morning with a bad case of withdrawal symptoms. I'm still getting the 'oo I could murder a drag' but not as often as I thought I would; especially as I smoked about 30 a day.   I certainly hope my taste buds settle down cos today I had some cottage cheese and it tasted like it was covered in VINEGAR  *barf*Dead                                                                                                                                                                               
nina's Profile
nina

my hat comes off to you kwak  you have given me something to think about stopping again ... it has become a very expensive habit                                                                                                                                                                              
happy jack's Profile
happy jack

In: chipping norton

I gave up ten years ago and i could still murder one. I can smell a fag a mile away.It's willpower kwak just willpower.your tast buds will come back then you will put weight on. well done keep it up i know you can do it.                                                                                                                                                                             
abctrev's Profile
abctrev

In: Nottingham

Well done kwak! I managed to stop about eight years ago, so I can't remember how long it took until my taste buds came back, but when they did, it was with a vengeance :) That time I didn't really have any withdrawal pains after a couple of days either. I'd be inclined to take it as a good omen that this was the right time for you to stop, and just relax, it does get easier. The first time down the pub's a bit twitchy though! I share my friends description that I'm not so much a non-smoker, but I'm a smoker that hasn't smoked for a few years. Even now there's one occasion when I still think about having a fag, and no, it's not the one you're thinking of ;) Hang in there and PM me if you need any encouragement X
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Nina, good luck with stopping, when the time comes.      Thanks Jack. I already had an excellent sense of smell, before I quit smoking, probably cos I'm hard of hearing but my sense of smell is WORSE now...so much stronger. I don't need willpower, like I said it was a case of I had NO CHOICE. No dosh so even if I want to smoke I can't. I don't think I will put weight on, even when my taste buds settle down, as I'm not eating more than I do and I won't eat more than I do. If I do I'll just have to buy FATTER tyres for the bike lol   Thanks Trev. Lol I've already had my twitchy moment at the pub and that was when I smoked and had to keep going outside for a fag. I felt like a right idiot, like I was a naughty school kid and had to go stand outside. Not to mention feeling guilty for leaving the person I was with on their own in the pub while I was outside. Quite embarrassing, talk about feeling like a leper.   At least now when I cough I won't get the usual 'you should give up the fags'   Thanks for your support and encouragement everyone. Hug                                                                                                                                                                                 
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

take m hat off to u kwak its soooooooooo hard to STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hug                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Thank you R C Thumbs Up   I used to think it was difficult too but that's probably cos I wasn't ready to stop smoking. If circumstances hadn't forced my hand I'd probably still be smoking - even tho I didn't want to.   It's easy to give up if the incentive is strong enough, or the pocket empty enough lol. I say incentive cos I don't have any will power at all. If I relied on willpower to stop smoking I'd never have quit.   When it 'feels right' for you then it will be easy for you to stop too.   Unfortunately for me I'm not saving any money by not smoking cos I aint got the money to carry on smoking. If I'd given up when I could afford to buy em then I would be saving some money lol.  Irony eh? aint it ironic? LOL                                                                                                                                                                                
RC's Profile
RC

yep sods law in it kwak....well i want to stop but i cant diet n stop smokin at the same time!!!!!!!!!!! so will do the diet first, and its goin very well to well chuffed with myself as im doin myself not goin to slimmin club..theres a new RC on the way woohooo LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
nina's Profile
nina

WELL DONE RC   Clap  you go for it ....  will the new RC be my mate please too  lmao
RC's Profile
RC

ty nina.... cause the new RC will be ur mate Thumbs UpLOL                                                                                                                                                                              
RC's Profile
RC

well the diet is payin off lost 10lbs so far thats in 2 weeks! wooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo im on a roll yyeehhaaaaa  Thumbs UpLOL                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 1117 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption