Amanda Sheppard (RC)

18 Posts | Latest reply on 09/01/2016 22:14:06 by davidneale | Go to original / last post
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

I heard the sad news over Christmas that Amanda (otherwise RC on BikerMatch, or Rock Chick) lost her battle against cancer a couple of days ago aged just 45.
She was the proverbial big lady with a big heart, and a real driving force on BikerMatch until her health started to go wrong a few years ago. She thought she'd beaten it, but alas, no.
She was a Derbyshire girl through and through, and always up for a get-together at the drop of a hat in Matlock Bath. 
The local council sounds as if it's trying to discourage bkers in Matlock right now. I hope her ghost comes back and scares them all witless.

Footnote....there's a few Rock Chicks on BM, so don't click on the wrong one! Just find RC.                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Amanda was one of the first people i met on BM back in 2007. A group of us went to the Rock and Blues show at pentrich together. The pair of us spent a couple of hours in the pouring rain putting up an old frame tent with no instructios. Probably one of the first organised BM meet ups. 
At that time one of the main charectors  on the site.

My thoughts to her family and many freinds GeekUnhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Sad News....
RC was one of the first people I met on Bikermatch. She welcomed me to the world of bikes with open arms and many a night we would be chatting on here. Thou not been on here for a long while now she will always been fondly remembered.
RIP xxx
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

thou with her family and friends sad sad new                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I was told yesterday about this bad news meet her a few times always up for a laugh or slapping me.                                                                                                                                                                                 
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

very sad news to hear and at this time of year.

Thoughts are with close friends and family

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

My condolences to R Cs family, especially her son, she'll be missed by a lot of people. RIP R C it was nice to know her. X                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

I was totally shocked and heartbroken when I heard the news on Christmas day.  I thought RC was still in remission and had no idea the cancer was termimal.  Apparently only family and a few very close friends were aware.

Amanda (Rock Chick, RC) was one of the first members of BM and one of the first Moderators.  She introduced me to a lot of great people in those early days and and organised a lot of events, charity do's etc.  We  had so many laughs along the way, literally falling over with laughing sometimes.. (nowt to do with the drink... *ahem*)  

I've been going over lots of old photos and conversations and have been smiling away to myself... 

Amanda, Rock Chick, RC... it was an absolute pleasure to know you and to call you my friend.  Taken far too soon at aged just 45.   No more pain, only heartache for those left behind.   Until we meet again my friend....

Ride Free and party with the angels.

xxxx

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Thanks Wills for letting us know about RC.  One of the best people I've ever known.  A huge heart of gold, welcoming to everyone, full of energy and happiness.

I was truly shocked to hear the news yesterday. I honestly thought she'd been doing better and winning the battle.  The butterflies are still shivering through me at the thought that such a wonderful woman must be taken from us at such a young age.

We'll miss you Amanda, all of us so very much.  Hope you're at rest now and pain free.

Love from all your BikerMatch family. xx                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Although I didn't know her, she sounds like someone that I wish I had.

RIP

AJ                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Never met her.....but knew her thro BM. Lovely thoughts, Wills. Thank you. Hugs for all who knew her .....ride free, lovely lady xx                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Such sad news to hear like many of you RC was also one of the 1st BM members I got to know. MY thoughts go to the family xxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
bugsbunny's Profile
bugsbunny

In: Hinckley

On behalf of all the worlds biker family that like me missed the opportunity to meet with you RIP Amanda xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
witchiest's Profile
witchiest

In: hinckley

RC was the first person to chat to me when i joined too...there were a few of us firsties on BM who all met up... she was an awesome vibrant always smiling friendly lady and will leave a massive hole in the hearts of her family and friends. Ride Free. x                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

A lovely lady, one of the first people i meet on here as well, good by Amanda                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Rest in peace RC I only met you a couple of times but chatted often sad news indeed                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

XX,for the rock chick R.C.                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Rest in Peace Amanda x                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 816 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption