What's your favourite roads

14 Posts | Latest reply on 27/12/2015 14:14:45 by centurion | Go to original / last post
spareman's Profile
spareman

In: barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

The nearest favourite for me is the Strines road from Midhopestones to the A57 above ladybower, the last uphill hairpin towards the S Yorks end is a belter.                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I love the run from Birmingham through Balsall Common - Hatton - out past Wellesbourne and down the Fosse way through Moreton in the Marsh and on to Bourton on the Water. Obviously consists of tea/cakes/fish and chips.

Also the Stokesley - Helmsley run (which I wish I was better at)                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

A861, off the Corran ferry, turn left, pull pin :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

B5105 from Ruthin to Cerrigydrudion. Nice twisty(ish) high-level route, but beware of farming crud on the road, and lose it on a bend and you'll be arguing with a dry stone wall at the western end :(

A49 from Tarporley to Shrewsbury and beyond. Classic A-road, enough bends to keep you awake without scaring you. A couple  of cameras at the northern end near Spurstow that will only catch a south-bound bike, and a bacon butty and a brew at the Raven near Whitchurch.                                                                                                                                                                             
Triple955's Profile
Triple955

In: Chorley

A683 Kirby Lonsdale to Sedbergh,A684 Sedbergh to Hawes,B6255 Hawes to Ribblehead,B6479 Ribblehead to Settle.....and then home from Settle via the A682 and Barrowford..                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

The journey I take through to the Norfolk coast from home:
A505 Baldock to Royston, A10 north to Cambridge, out the top of Cambridge by the airport, picking up the B1102 from Stow cum Quy all the way to Mildenhall. After a quick break at Walkers Cafe by the Barton Mills interchange it`s a blast up the A1065 past Lakenheath air base, through Brandon & Mundford & turning right on the B1108 to Watton.
Then it`s right on the A1075 to Dereham to fight your way through the traffic to the north side where I turn on to the B1147 through Swanton Morley to Bawdeswell. From there it`s a change to the B1145 through Reepham, Cawston, Aylesham & on to North Walsham and finally on to the tiny coastal village of Mundesley on Sea.
Fab ride, recommended to anyone.
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Fort William to Skye as it's the best road in Europe for a proper run with everything a biker would like.

I spend most of my year riding in Europe and always happy to come home to the best roads.  I agree with most of the guys on the roads they picked but ours are empty ;)

havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

the road from work to home should be the best of all                                                                                                                                                                             
GL Blue's Profile
GL Blue

In: essex
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

My favourite road would be the one with no lumps, bumps, pot holes or with bits missingThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Triple955's Profile
Triple955

In: Chorley

Fort William to Skye is truly excellent,only problem is the 6 hour trip to get there....and I'd also say the road to Fort William from the Green Welly is just as good...

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

A40 Trecastle to Llandovery for a quick blast close to home...wonderful twisties through the trees.....

A470 Rhayader to Llanguirig to Dolgellau or left onto the A44 to Aberystwyth....fast sweeping A roads with elevation and fantastic views.....

Best B road is the B4518 from Rhayader up through the Élan Valley and over the roof of Wales known as the mountain road to Aberystwyth...this is Vtwin heaven...
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

defo a82 to a87. fort william to uig on skye, stunning road in good condition as well Thumbs Up but any does when its sunny.                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

The road from the bridge to Portree always makes me giggle.                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

Locally to me, the road over over Buttertubs pass. Cant believe I'm actually agreeing with Jeremy Clarkson there!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 567 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption