Biker in distress

13 Posts | Latest reply on 11/12/2015 13:54:52 by spareman | Go to original / last post
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Saw this on FB and hadn't know.

Universal sign (it might be American 'universal' but it a good idea to have something universal, so let's go with) that a biker needs help is a helmet placed behind the bike, so if you see one, or you yourself need help - you know what to do.

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/cgi-bin/thumbnail.aspx?width=1200&height=1200&source=/sites/bm/profiles/uploads/55314_bm_1_bm_9283392833.jpg&watermark=true&type=JPG

Not displaying right - why can't I ever do this!!  GRRRR                                                                                                                                                                              
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

What about states that you don't need a lid,
Do they put their bandanas there instead?                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Lol, probably - or turbans!
Maybe they just lie on the floor next to their bikes - that should attract attention.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

I dont know about putting my lid on the floor, atm i would happily place a pair of small, non-sticky-out, painful ears there!

Anyone willing to swap ... anything considered.                                                                                                                                                                             
Nudge's Profile
Nudge

In: Norwich
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I saw another thing on Facebook about telling other bikers on the road about the police. Apparently you're ment to tap your head - not so sure about that one                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Tapping your head is an old one and widely used in some areas.. The thumbs down symbol hand sign is another one to warn of trouble ahead.                                                                                                                                                                              
Nudge's Profile
Nudge

In: Norwich

I knew about the thumbs down just never seen tapping of the head. I live and learn.                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Must be an American thing.
I don't know any UK bikers that ride slow enough to notice a lid on the ground.                                                                                                                                                                             
bugsbunny's Profile
bugsbunny

In: Hinckley

If your in real distress stand by your bike and wave your arms over your head like a loony should get some response :-)

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

And that Bugs is the sensible answer.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

what if its pissing hard                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As long as ya not down wind of it ya be ok Refund :-P :-P:-P

I used to stick thumb up at bike by side and if they ok they give thumb up back......or fingers depending what mood they in mwuuaahah and I'm in a daft one....                                                                                                                                                                             
spareman's Profile
spareman

In: barnsley

In response to Izzyhill's biker in distress last november, quite a few times I've had people stop and ask if I'm ok when I've just stopped at the side of the road for rest or pee, car drivers as well as bikers, perhaps being an old geezer on an old bike helps ? The last time I  got help was in Longnor  this year, I'd stopped at the bottom of the hill and the engine died, no electrics, got the battery off and it was dead flat, Presumably the bike had been running on the alternator since the battery had packed up, and cut out when the revs dropped.  While fiddling about a chap asks if I'm ok, I asks him if he  knew where I might get another battery, he knew of a bike shop in Leek and offered to take me there, about 8 miles and wouldn't take anything in return.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 749 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption