Ring Of Red - M60 - Sunday 8 November 2015

22 Posts | Latest reply on 09/11/2015 13:25:40 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Anyone fancy meeting up to do this? Meet on Sunday 8th November 2015 at Birch Services Westbound Jct 19 M62 from 10.30 am for a 12 noon set off. Dress in red to form a giant poppy around Manchester in support of our service men and women. Travelling around the M60 to form the giant poppy again then back to Rigbys Guardians MCC Club House for refreshment at the Gardeners Arms Hollin Lane, Middleton, Junction 19 M62. If anyone fancies doing this one let me or Stuie know and we can work out a meet point to ride over to Birch Services or meet up there. If anyone would like to go for a bimble afterwards im sure we can arrange to do that rather than Gardeners Arms.
Abel2photo's Profile
Abel2photo

In: Scarborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hmmm...just looked at my work rota, I am down to work on that Sunday but I will see if I can get the day off.
If I wear too much red I will be camouflaged on my big red bike!! ;-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Oh, i do so hope you can make it A2P, especially on that very sparkly, shiny red motorcycle of yours ... It does tend to make Stuie go all misty-eyed!!

Drop me a text if you can make it, n we can sort out meet point etc. :D                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

I might just make this...red bike, red leathers and my spare helmet is red too. Power Ranger, me?

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Oooh Wills you got red boots too?

Mighty Morphing Power RANGER ... is you!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Pmsl just realised we will all be on red bikes. Hondas too boot. This is getting worrying need a can of Matt black.

Stuie, Mustn't follow the crowd Dave                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Want even more of a chuckle ??

Eric sez he will keep an eye out for us at the services, guess what ?? Yep, more RED!                                                                                                                                                                             
Abel2photo's Profile
Abel2photo

Lol, the red Honda group!... Yes I have the day off work now so I'm in!....just need to find a t-shirt as red as my bike! :-D

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Cool! Im more than confident that you will look like a ninja poppy A2P! ; )

PM on way...                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Anyone else fancy joining us for this one?

Its now on the Events Page, get your faces down folks!                                                                                                                                                                             
Abel2photo's Profile
Abel2photo

Hoping it's not gonna rain for this one!... But I guess I can always buy red waterproofs!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Rain is fun. As long as you like feeling your way around rather than relying on grippy tyres Wink

No such thing as bad weather, just bad kit!                                                                                                                                                                             
Abel2photo's Profile
Abel2photo

I remember when biking in the rain used to be fun! I used to spin up the rear tyre of my gpz550! ...not with any power though, just the tyres in them days were sooo crap!...it was the only time my bike felt powerful!! Lol

Perhaps it's my age but nowadays I prefer sliding my car in the rain!...at least I stay dry! Lol ;-)
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Oh A2P, you know you love that feeling of water in ya crotch! ;)

Everything is gonna be great on Sunday, the power of positive thought will sort the weather out (fingers crossed!)

Looking forward to this one, please dont forget your red tshirts/jumpers/hoodies/jackets folks.
PCGuru's Profile
PCGuru

In: Manchester
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I'll be riding up to the Cenotaph in Shaw in the morning, with friends in their club, but then we're all heading to Birch for the off at midday.

I'll keep a lookout for ya's all :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Anyone heading back to Squires afterwards??                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I doubt we will be Alice; dinner to cook n Stu to get back home at a reasonable hour! Would imagine some of those going to Hemmingbrough with Vlad will be back at Squires at some stage.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

I've had to drop out of this one. With you in spirit, but I've got the house up for sale and the viewers are queuing up down the road!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

A good turnout, bit damp on way to Bradford/Huddersfield but dry from there on. A small but perfectly formed BM presence; Rileymtr, Guiness Rider, Abel2Photo, GS George, Stuie & yours truly. Didnt see anyone else, sorry if we missed you!

Good to see everyone (Eric could that flag have been any BIGGER?!).

Journey home was a tad hair-raising, the wind was lifting the front end of the bike. We came back the long way for safety which was a pain but arrived safely. Thanks for putting up with the pussy footing around on the M62 A2P!
Wills, shame you couldnt make it, hope the viewings went well.
Abel2photo's Profile
Abel2photo

Back from today's ring of red ride around the M60.... It was good to see the thousands of bikers getting together to pay respect to our fallen hero's.
Good to see fellow bmers in attendance.... Wasn't a problem about the wind on the motorway GBNP ....but elsewhere it was worrying! ??

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 599 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption