Man on a mission!

26 Posts | Latest reply on 30/10/2015 07:48:49 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well what a difference a day makes . The sun shone today for the first time since I left the coast last week and although the roads were wet and sloppy it was a joy to be on a bike. I only had 120 miles to do to Santander so I set the sat back to back roads only and had a fantastic ride through the picos mountains . Would have been awesome with dry roads but hey ho , I was gappy to take sunshine and wet roads. Some very tight twisty corners though that could very easily catch you out. I just took my time and stopped several times to take photos and drink coffee . I am in the beautiful seaside town of Santander tonight . Yes I know it is a port but it is also a very beautiful old town . Quite cosmopolitan actually , I went in a couple of shops in town and the cheapest trainers were 120 euros ?? . In case you were wondering I melted my trainers in front of the log burner in Portugal after getting them soaked running into town on the bike. ??
I have posted pictures in my profile . Best I can do . Cheers . David

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks Mike !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ok so I stopped in Santander on Tuesday night . Nice hotel next to the sea. Had a wander around the local bars and had a few beers. Still not got the hang of ordering food though, I keep getting that wrong. I thought I ordered a cheese and tomato toastie and ended up with a plate of tomatoes with olive oil on ????
I actually think I have lost a few pounds on this trip which can't be a bad thing. I had a wander into the mountains yesterday and even turned my sat mac off for a few hours. Oh yes did I tell you I bought a sat nav ?
Only an idiot would come here without one . I know !!!
So I came back to the biker friendly English speaking hotel in somo where I spent my first night and today I am back to Bikbao for the ferry. I will take the back roads to kill a bit of time . I will post more pictures in my profile for you.
Bye for now
David

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Did you invest in €120 trainers or just stick with bike boots?

Safe travels back.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I found a supermarket Izzy and got some trainers for 15 euros !!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2031 seconds. There are 829 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption