Nitrous oxide

17 Posts | Latest reply on 08/11/2016 07:29:50 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
zxr750l10's Profile
zxr750l10

In: paignton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm looking for a dry nitrous oxide kit for my 04 r1 any ideas where I can get one other than the usa                                                                                                                                                                             
mikedabike's Profile
mikedabike

In: wrexham

theres a couple of companies in the uk that do nitrous kits if you search the internet,

to be honest you are on the wrong kind of forum here to be getting any useful info on that kind of performance up grade.

are you sure you are not a 14 year old boy trolling this site?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Dont see much of that in the uk bike mags only place I can think of is custom car mags, Phone round the classified adds ask if they do bikes. Other than that have a look at motorcycle drag racing forums on the internet you may get some info there. The main reason you dont get much in the bike arae is due to the amount of motors that blow up.

bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I would imagine it'll also void your insurance if you don't tell them you've fitted it.
 As JP said. not a lot of point on a street bike. Turbo's are usually a better way to go if it'll fit. But then it means extra weight. and still telling your insurance you fitted one. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Eiron's Profile
Eiron

In: Hastings

My advice, after a lifetime's experience is: If you want a faster bike, buy a faster bike.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Plus there's talk of making it hard to get NO2 gas as people are using it to get high on causing the odd death. Last I Hurd it was going to only be sold to licences users, such as hospitals.                                                                                                                                                                             
zxr750l10's Profile
zxr750l10

In: paignton

Cheers guys I have a very fast bike I just want to make it alot faster I like my speed the faster the better plus it's for the strip only                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I can't comment on these companies as I've never used them personally.  But these x2 were a couple that came up on a quick search engine enquiry

www.nitrouskits.co.uk

www.akamoto.co.uk
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You mean for the drag strip only?

Previous comments about insurance, and just buy a faster bike are spot on if you're thinking of this for the road...

mikedabike's Profile
mikedabike

In: wrexham

if your intention is to have a drag racing bike then your best option would be to sell the R1 and get a bike better suited to drag racing, the obvious choice is a busa.
as the yanks and racers say theres no substitute for cubes, gas and superchargers put you into a different racing class (i.e more expensive to be competitive)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

All depends what class your dragging in, and how you have built it. The R1 might be spot on. There quick. Have pitted R1's against the ZX12 and there not far off the pace in stock trim.                                                                                                                                                                             
Eiron's Profile
Eiron

In: Hastings

There's an old R1 round here with an extended swingarm. I think it's for posing rather than drag racing. But I guess a previous owner must have raced it.

SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Go to drag meets and ask people.
 Your options are:-
1- NOX
2- Turbo
3- SuperCharger

How fast can you afford to go?

SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Had a mate who ran an R1 at drag meets and his first upgrade was a stretched swingarm.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If you want to buy a Nitrous kit; http://www.noswizard.com/

or if you want to build your own; http://www.nitrous.info/
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

7 pints of scrumpy and a curry supper usually work for me a treat..:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I hope you don't get a backfire, it can make a right mess...........

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.2656 seconds. There are 1182 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption