Scottish Summer run ideas

13 Posts | Latest reply on 25/04/2015 23:11:56 by madscots | Go to original / last post
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Ok

Sooooo what do you guys fancy doing over the summer ?

We have the best roads in UK and BM staff who are happy to do the miles with you.

So what you wanna do ?????

I have been asked to sort a run up to Skye ?
Highland Fling run again (maybe opposite way) ? 

I want to do a run to Applecross then around to Inverness anyone want to do a weekend run ?

The offer is on the table so don't say there are no runs up here Thumbs Up 

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I generally love heading up the west coast - The roads up north of Fort William are just fantastic!

Applecross is on my list this year again - was wonderful last year Smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Do i get to wear my new lid mads?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

See Events - Loch Ness The Sequel - 18th - 25th July.
I will start at Fort Augustus, and head north west, stopping on Skye, doing Applecross, and then on to Ullapool and beyond. Eventually returning to FA for the final weekend.                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

I might come say hi XKLYBR as got free time on those dates Thumbs Up

Mo ya can wear whatever you like if anyone is daft enough to take ya is the problem lol

Mike I tend to get up and do Applecross on a early start if you fancy it ? 

madscots's Profile
madscots

oh the rush of repliesLOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lol Chris,i'll keep an eye on upcoming runs (see if i'm available)                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

I think i can say that Stuie n myself would be interested. We went up the west coast, Skye n Applecross last year, it was fantastic.

We are defo going to take some time out this year especially for Scotland but we have yet to sort out dates. I think we plan on using the Bunk Barn at Kinlochewe, as it is ideally placed for what we want to do.

If we are up there at the same time would you mind us tagging along?

The only fly in the ointment atm is the GS is off the road, hopefully this will be sorted by mid summer. I cant see Stuie wanting to take ZX up Applecross as he hates it! lol
madscots's Profile
madscots

Happy to take anyone along as what BM is about Thumbs Up

I had a chat with MrMike yesterday while out on a bike run so will be posting some ideas shortly.

madscots's Profile
madscots

Well all the Scots got an email with my planned dates/info and all are in Events

For the more Southern members Thumbs Up if you fancy it get your name down on events so I can Pm you meeting times (come up for weekend).

June 20th   Soup in a Roll Run A run starting at the Falkirk Wheel heading through Denny to Aberfoyle (cuppa). Then we head over Dukes Pass and through Lochearnhead to Glenogle Snax van for a Soup in a Roll (other food available).  This is a large crusty roll with top cut off and home made soup poured into it.   I plan to then head over through Killin and down past Crieff before heading back to Falkirk.

July 18th Hartside Run Meeting at Bikers cove then heading past Edinburgh and onto the A7 to Selkirk (cuppa).  Pick up A68 and head down to Corbridge then along to Alston (fuel) before arriving at Hartside top cafe CA9 3BW.  Return trip be along to Alston then up through Brampton and back up to Selkirk along A7.  From Selkirk then groups can head in direction of home or with me back up to Edinburgh if they wish.
August 2nd Oban Meeting in Stirling and heading along to Loch Lomond and stopping at Inveraray.  Then following the coast road up to Oban and riding through some of the best roads in the UK.  From Oban heading inland to the famous Green Welly at Tyndrum before heading South back through Callander to Stirling.

Sept 26/27th Applecross/Inverness weekend Stirling, Callander, Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William, Loch Cluanie, Loch Alsh, Applecross and finishing in Inverness(overnight).  Inverness, Tomintoul, Ballater, Braemar, Glenshee, Perth and then South/home.  Simply put one of the best biking roads in Europe by far Bring it on Thumbs Up

madscots's Profile
madscots

Open to other ideas if anyone wants to ask for something specific Thumbs Up

SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

I really want to go to Applecross but can only get time off in school hols.                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

Out tomorrow for a run from Bikers cove if anyone gets a chance to come along

Leaving at 10am heading down into borders for the day towards Moffat or wherever takes my fancy Thumbs Up

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5645 seconds. There are 1145 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption