Help for Short Rider

37 Posts | Latest reply on 16/03/2015 08:18:17 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Just like the words, "look, XKLYBR is getting the beers in".

Guzziguy123's Profile
Guzziguy123

In: Market Harboroug
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Hi Firesign.
Do you have a link for those inserts? I have a friend with a similar problem & they may help her.
Thanks                                                                                                                                                                              
Eddie777's Profile
Eddie777

In: Hull
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

I stuck some thick soles on me boots and gained about 5mm/

firesign's Profile
firesign

In: Bristol
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi Guzziguy, I don't have the link for the inserts as I have decided to go for the Daytona Lady Pilot boots.  http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/98252
I've also decided to go all or nothing and go down the DAS route so wath this space!!!
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I got my inserts from eBay. Search for shoe inserts.

I do agree that leg length isn't necessarily a problem if you have confidence, but from personal short arse experience it is how you feel on the bike, if you don't feel confident then adding the worry of tip toeing can make getting out on the bike a nervous and unenjoyable experience.

firesign's Profile
firesign

Hey guys, I did my homework and have today put a deposit down on a Kawasaki GPZ 500 S, seat height 27 inches so no need for those inserts :)  You were right RB I should just go straight for direct access, I'm going to take as many lessons I need and just keep going until I get there.  Thanks for all your help guys Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Woohoo Firesign and a woopwoop too. ????????

You will do brill,                                                                                                                                                                              
firesign's Profile
firesign

Thank you .... I'll let you know how I get on and look forward to being able to nod to you in person one day Handshake                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

GPZ500, ohh i like them there fun.

You will enjoy that, easy to ride, easy to handle and move about with a great engine that has plenty of torque and is nice and thumpy with plenty of go for when your used to it. Very capable but at the same time tame enough  to learn on.

My sister had one. She misses it and i dispatched one for years as a spare bike, there good tough fun bikes. 

Did I say i liked them!                                                                                                                                                                              
firesign's Profile
firesign

Glad my choice in bike has met with your approval Stuie ... here she is in all her glory
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201502160993242/sort/default/usedbikes/make/kawasaki/model/gpz/cc-from/500cc/cc-to/500cc/page/1/radius/1500/postcode/bs151df/quicksearch/true?logcode=p
Big smile 

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Oooooh nice ??                                                                                                                                                                             
Jackyan's Profile
Jackyan

In: Cheshire

Great news . I am so thrilled for you . I hope you have lots of fun .                                                                                                                                                                              
firesign's Profile
firesign

Thanks Jackyan Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Good choice Firesign with the GPZ500, and with is been an older bike it won't be the end of the world with a topple Thumbs Up

If you looking for newer bikes later on, as mentioned earlier, Honda CBF500, 600 and 1000's can be lowered to grasshopper height without bankruptcy or ruining the handling.

A few people have mentioned the one foot down is OK thing. It is to an extent but bear in mind that most blokes have a lot more leg strength than women meaning they can recover a topple easier.

Now crack on with the DAS and we'll see you at KISS Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Not so sure about this leg strength thing - my missus can crack walnuts between her legs!

*said in a high-pitched voice*

And please check out the Cornwall camp this summer, Firesign.
T'is on Events 27-06-15                                                                                                                                                                             
firesign's Profile
firesign

Well said XKLYBR, some of us do have strong legs!! But I totally get your point Steve H and look forward to eventually making it to KISS Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As with the Hondas many people don't know that the complete BMW range has had a factory fit option for low seat and lowered suspension.

That means there are plenty of used ones out there that have extremely low seat heights and your insurance company can't get funny about it as its a factory build. There lowering kits can also be retro fitted, but that's isn't so cheep.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6445 seconds. There are 323 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption