Site performance - Oct 7th

79 Posts | Latest reply on 15/11/2007 14:17:32 by Wills | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

yea i had it too, but it came back before I could get hold of the guys in the US                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

S l o w Zzzz                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

On off, on off, can't make it's mind up!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
74% Karma74% Karma 74% Karma74% Karma

Between 1pm and 2pm today neither BM nor BC would let me in any way - I just got a message saying the page was unavailable.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

thanks, I'll pass this information on                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ok some services have been changed on the server, please monitor and let me know of any more issues.   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

hey Matt - it's been a bit slow this am trying to post on some topics! (about 08:30 UK time)                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

hey Matt - site's playing up again! we all got froze out of chat. Finally got back in & it's bl**dy slow again!                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww aint the word............. matt its never been this BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

everytime i make it back, its ok again lol.

Ill pass info on to webhosts and see what they say. Might just need new server tho.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

It was slow at 02.38 this morning.                                                                                                                                                                              
ZZRpilot's Profile
ZZRpilot

In: Reading

Its all a bit fecked up at 01:13            unless its my pc :-(                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Matt - please stick some more money in the meter, its driving me crazy its so slow tonight...and if chat bins me one more time...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

Seems to be OK now but it was a PITA this morning and I just gave up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Sorry I've been off at the moment a lot, moving house n stuff. My 2 OZ mates turned up on Sunday too at short notice. However - I should be free to do some work tonight (After work lol), so I'll see what i can do.  There's a few things I was planning on changing that might help a lot.   If we move to new servers, then I guarantee a lot of downtime whilst things are changed, and I will need to be around 24/7 at the time to make sure things go well... which I can't do at the moment, too many commitments for the next week or 2.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Moving to new servers is a bit drastic init? It's a pain when it's slow but the site being slow doesn't happen often enough to warrant a server change surely?                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

but at the moment i cant find anything wrong, everything is setup all ok.

Problem is - the database (Which the chatroom reads/writes too - A LOT) is on a shared server, which is affected by other people. I need it to be moved to its own dedicated server... which are very expensive!

I need to stop the chatroom from reading and writing so much data all te time.  I didn't get chance to do it last night though, wasnt able to get online till late, and tonight im at college and - wont be home till 10pm  (Then i need food, bath n bed).

Ill get to do it soon, shouldnt take me too long to change the scripts.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

PML, all that 'data' is C G talking to chat bot LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

Up to a few minutes ago I was on the point of giving up. Pages timing out, just nothing happening... Now it's snapped back into life again. Puzling, and maddening...                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 1046 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption