Site performance - Oct 7th

79 Posts | Latest reply on 15/11/2007 14:17:32 by Wills | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Shouldnt give that error though - should tell you that its too large (the pic! lol).   Ill look at that later (Remind me if i forget tho haha)                                                                                                                                                                             
Mazza's Profile
Mazza

In: Crediton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

It seems fine so far today Matt Big smile thank god as I am not doing much else at the mo Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Yep, had a couple of blips though.  There's been some upgrades to the server, which caused all the problems.   Regarding the event photos page - it no longer errors out if you upload big files.  Let me know if you have any more problems.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

No Matt, now it just says FILE TOO BIG     Hey Wills! cheeky beggar lol   It's ok, I got my own back Tongue LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I couldn't get on the site at all last nite so I sorted out the pics I took of Sunday's gathering. I didn't get done til 4 this morning, re-sizing them all.   It would be good if we could add some text to the pics. I couldn't add names to ALL my pics cos to be honest I didn't know who some of you were, soz. It takes me ages in paint shop adding text, mainly cos my mouse is a pain, be good if there was some way we could just type in the text on the add a pic page.    Any chance of that happening Matt?                                                                                                                                                                                 
Matt's Profile
Matt

No, it would mean on-the-fly photo editing built into the server, and I've absolutely no idea how on earth I can write code that will edit photos.   Regarding it taking so long.  Just to go www.download.com or search google for photo resizing programs. I've even included one (And a document i made) in the help section.   With regards to adding text, you can use any photo editing program to do this, save the image, then upload it.  You could resize it whilst in the process Thumbs Up   And, about the error - it's supposed to bloody say that!  Nobody should be getting code errors with no explaination, the correct thing to happen is that you get an error saying that the file you uploaded is too big.                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

matt its runnin sooooooooooooooo slow again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11                                                                                                                                                                              
witchiest's Profile
witchiest

In: hinckley

slower than slow....even got time to change sams bum in between pages!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
anthony d's Profile
anthony d

In: ipswich

CryjUST SAW A SNAIL RACE PAST WITH A LETTER UNDER HIS ARM LOL!!!!yeah matt still slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! even i can type quicker than it enters lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Hows it now?                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

a bit better hun                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Oh u just wanna complain dont ya? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

LOL yep                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Theres 582 people online right now!  Jesus no wonder its slow. Im being bombarded with emails too, users writing in, email notifications, forum posts, etc.... its all u lot causing problems at MB, the residents have come to find you.                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

not me i was on my best behaviour for once pmsl LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Matt: Regarding it taking so long.  Just to go www.download.com or search google for photo resizing programs. I've even included one (And a document i made) in the help section.   I wasn't on about the photo resizing, I can do that just fine, altho I did have a lot of pics to get thro, I was on about the entering text taking me ages cos of my mouse. I'll have to buy a cat to make it go quicker LOL   The site was very slow when I logged on about 2 hours ago it's a bit quicker now. T The picture loading, on the events page, could be a whole lot quicker too.                                                                                                                                                                               
Matt's Profile
Matt

Please can everyone monitor the site over the next day or 2. Respond here if you have any issues at all with SITE PERFORMANCE (Please dont post about any code errors, or problems ur having doing something).  Only interested in the site running slow, or not at all                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
74% Karma74% Karma 74% Karma74% Karma

Certainly running slow-ish, though nowhere near as badly as a couple of evenings ago                                                                                                                                                                             
Dangermouse's Profile
Dangermouse

In: Kingsclere

Gone very very slow this afternoon. :-(                                                                                                                                                                              
Dangermouse's Profile
Dangermouse

In: Kingsclere

Soon as I posted the above it seemed to speed up to normal. I must have the magic touch!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 759 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption