'Road' a story about the Dunlop family

16 Posts | Latest reply on 30/01/2015 20:08:25 by gordy100 | Go to original / last post
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

'Motorcycle road racing is the most dangerous of all motor sports. A sport in which men compete at speeds of up to 200 miles per hour on closed country roads. Roads that on any other day service cars, buses, tractors. Roads that are lined with trees, telegraph posts and stone walls. Unforgiving obstacles when struck by the human body. It is a sport that has claimed many lives over the years and continues to do so to this day. Ireland and the Isle of Man are two of the few places in the world where the sport still survives. Narrated by Liam Neeson, ROAD is the heartbreaking and adrenaline-fuelled tale of a family who have dominated road racing for over thirty years. Robert and Joey Dunlop. Quiet men from a rural village in Northern Ireland - but racers who risked everything to win. And Robert s sons, William and Michael. Two of the world's leading road racers today. Young men determined to continue a family tradition.'

Having just watched 'Road', a story about the Irish road racing dynasty that is the Dunlop family. I'm sitting here with a massive lump in my throat. What a fantastic film. I recorded it when it was shown on Northen Ireland BBC, so not sure if its been shown on the BBC here. But I urge all racing fans to watch it, its a must see in my mind.                                                                                                                                                                              
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

DVD's ordered and one has arrived :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

bring a tear to a glass eye that film! Just watch it alone, with the curtains closed... and if you don't shed a tear you're not human!                                                                                                                                                                               
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

'bring a tear to a glass eye that film! Just watch it alone, with the curtains closed... and if you don't shed a tear you're not human! '

your not wrong there MrMike                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Always been a sucker for a "tear jerker" Embarrassed

Must track down a copy of this Approve

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

i,v seen a story about them, not sure if it was this one but it was brilliant but so sad, makes you wonder why there do it                                                                                                                                                                             
Owd Stokey's Profile
Owd Stokey

In: Peterborough

As the cliché goes; they definitely broke the mould after Joey was born. There's never been a rider like him and never will be ever again. Absolutely fearless to his last bone but got to have been borderline mentally defective. I watched him 4 times in the 80s and even got to shake his hand once. He was a remarkable man, a proper nice bloke. Still brings a lump to my throat after 15 years nearly. I've always thought his death was inevitable because he only new one life. That of a road racer. RIP yer maun. PS. The movie is excellent with Liam neeson narrating.
Carolerd350's Profile
Carolerd350

In: Brentwood
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

I'll be catching the film vey soon. Waterproof mascara day.                                                                                                                                                                              
Owd Stokey's Profile
Owd Stokey

In: Peterborough

Better have a spare one hany carol ! You couldn't write this script. It's brilliant.                                                                                                                                                                              
gordy100's Profile
gordy100

In: belfast

I havnt seen the film yet,have a tear in my eye just reading these messages                                                                                                                                                                              
gordy100's Profile
gordy100

I havnt seen the film yet,have a tear in my eye just reading these messages

SPESH's Profile
SPESH

Gordy, its on I player at the moment. well worth a look.                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

OMFG!! Just watched it, a box of tissues deffo needed!!                                                                                                                                                                              
gordy100's Profile
gordy100

cant get I player here in spain have to wait till may to see it                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

Just bought another copy from play.com. 5.99, got to be the best buy ever. Even if it is the 3rd copy I've bought oops                                                                                                                                                                             
gordy100's Profile
gordy100

joey also rode in grand prix,he competed in the (I think)the 1979 French grand prix at le mans no 34 check out my pics I was at the race                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 553 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption