Scotland week 2015, a BM special.

127 Posts | Latest reply on 02/08/2015 20:57:25 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

Time to start planning the big Scotland week, June or July again I expect when it's hot and sunny. it's early to start on this I know but there were suggestions at the last one that we make it more of a mini tour which will take some organising. The options are: 1. Camp at Fort Augustus again for a week. Or somewhere else if we want a bit of variety, but I do like fort Gus. 2. Bit of a tour, couple of nights at Fort Gus, couple of nights Ullapool and something else, possibly Skye or the Cairngorms. Could do Glencoe on the way back, the Clachaig of course, for those that want the midge experience. The plan would be to pick places with campsites, hotels and b&b's to suite all pockets. 3. Book a house for a week. This would take the most planning and I would want money up front which might be a problem for some people. What are your thoughts?
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

@Steve, Stu and I went to Skye at the beginning of September via Oban and then over to Kinlochewe and back via Edinburgh.. 4 days of heaven on earth.

We found several nice places and are in fact planning on going up to Scotland again next year (at least a couple of times).

The Hotel we stayed in for one night, at Kinlochewe had a bunk barn (full, when we needed it!) but the bar and food was divine.  I think that's where we will be heading as its on the end of the Applecross road and the coast road from Skye Thumbs Up

Petrol station less than 100 yrds away too (hint, hint Stu!!) Wink
We didnt manage to get as far as Ullapool - see line above!

One of my colleagues has a place overlooking Loch Tay sleeps 6 but there are other types of accommodation available on the estate too (might be a bit pricey as it is more top end than B&B?)  Stu n I are going up  there in February (yes we are mad!) so can check it out if you want me to.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Steve check out when its midge seaon on the west coast.

Yes i have noted the fuel stop! Wont make hat mistake again! Bigger fuel tank needed.

Personaly i cant wait to go back.                                                                                                                                                                              
Triple955's Profile
Triple955

In: Chorley

Been to Skye many times...Decent campsites-one by the Kyle of Lochalsh,one opposite the Sligachan pub/hotel on Skye..We also stayed in a Hostel on the outskirts of Portree which was basic but ok.                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Ullapool is a massive trip to get to but best roads in Uk are all around there Cool

BM's France trip is June 25th- Sunday 5th July so maybe dates out with that would be cool Thumbs Up

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Fort Augustus for me.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

We have done Fort Augustus, and it wos triffic.
But I vote we go a little bit further north.
Skye for a coupla days in a hostel, then Ullapool in a self-catering cottage . A boon if the weather turns crap.                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

XK, height of the season

ya won't get a cottage for less than a week. Plus it would have to be booked before crimbo and monies paid.

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

The biggest problem with trying to do more than camping on a large site is that BM does not have a Paypal facility.

Booking cottages or exclusive use bunk barns requires paying a deposit up front and paying in full before the due date.

No PayPal =no way of gathering in any money.

I'm a member of an internet 'one make' club. We have events booked and paid for months in advance coz we use Paypal.

It's a lot better than hoping people are going to turn up on the day , just coz they said so.
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Done fort Gus for two years now..maybe for a couple nights...then onto somewhere else...b n b for me tho...Will get research in x                                                                                                                                                                             
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Done fort Gus for two years now..maybe for a couple nights...then onto somewhere else...b n b for me tho...Will get research in x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As long as we go before the school holidays, we should get an affordable place. And only put your name down with a deposit.
A house big enough for 12, but price based on 10, to cater for dropouts.                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

so what's a BM Special ????

You all have to ride yellow motorbikes and clean the windows at the rental place with your tongues LOL

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

@Steve, yes to plan 1 or 2, but I'd not commit in advance to a share of a house for a week. Either one base or a move every other day to places where there are options for B&B and camping, please. Let individuals choose/book/pay for what suits them.

Schools in Scotland break up at end June, so the whole of July is school holiday, albeit for a small population!                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Need to wake this thread up again.
A bunch of events are under discussion elsewhere on the forum so what week shall we aim for to avoid crossing with any other events?                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

16 July first one. 19th July second one. 18 July is the Saturday ?

Fek the rest. of them. Big Scotland week is far more important lol. Last two have been on a similar date . Claim that date for the third annual Big Scotland. If you make it start on the third weekend of July from now until the end if time . if this post reads a bit disjointed it's coz of several edits and a shity phone lol.

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

keeping my eye on this to see how dates pan out                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

25/26 July .
It's between the Cornwall camp at the end of June, and the Yorky Pud in August.                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Xk, it's a week ya Muppet. Starting Saturday 18th to Sunday 26th.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Right that's it decided.

I've posted the event for the 18th to 25th July.

Cumberlands campsite, Fort Augustus is the location.
Lodge accommodation also available on site, B&B's / Hotels / park bench also available in Fort Augustus.

If people want to use the event as a base and then explore further afield feel free to do so, Cumberlands will only charge you for the nights you are there.

The clubhouse on the site is brilliant; fine food, good ales and poncy lager all available at sensible prices.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7227 seconds. There are 649 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption