Pushing hard on your pegs or not on corners?

38 Posts | Latest reply on 24/09/2014 19:50:34 by stutts | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'll take that as a compliment, and you could have pushed it harder if you wanted to. I have been over a tonne as pillon, and yes I know you had your accident x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

TBH every one countersteers there just not conscious there doing it. Its the only way you can get the gyroscopic forces the wheels generate to move about there axis allowing you to change direction. 

As Slowgoose says gentle pressure on the inside bar make it change direction. you will be surprised just how quickly you can throw it about by doing just this. Pressure on the pegs can take it to the next level when coming out of the corner. Best used in conjunction with the use of extra throttle exiting the corner.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

See Val, a sensible answer again from Stuie.

Thank you Stuie........I won't know how I use to ride until I get back on a road bike again, the scooter didn't like me pushing it on it's small tyres lol

I'm sure it'll all come back to me, it's all sounding very familiar.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Steady on there, Pennycoin. Perish the thought that I shouldn’t take your topic seriously.

Another factor to bear in mind; I understand that your first motorcycle was a Honda C50. Mine was a Honda C90. Not much difference apart from engine size. So what happened when you got enthusiastic about cornering? If you remember – the bottom of the fairing grounded, did it not? Question
  No amount of cornering technique is going to compensate for a machine that wasn’t designed with dynamic handling in mind. So don't get carried away on your scooter.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I know Val, my little frog had me day dreaming and I was getting a little carried away until I realised I shouldn't have been trying to lean over so much! Lol                                                                                                                                                                              
bikerfzr's Profile
bikerfzr

In: Northampton
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

you'll get there hun , just be carefull , dont want ya hurting yaself , but having said that good for you girl scrape the foot plate ;-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well hopefully it won't be too long and I can turn up at a meet on my new(ish) mid range bike,leathers and a big smile :D

bikerfzr's Profile
bikerfzr

now that i cant wait to see :-D

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Nope ..... I already have to buy a new set of pegs every winter. ..... I do, however, push on the handlebars rather than pull, it makes a difference

bikerfzr's Profile
bikerfzr

must pay more attention when i am out on Blackbird , know i dont push on pegs hadnt thought about pressure on bars Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You'll notice the difference even more on a sports bike, once you get used to pushing on the bars to steer rather than pulling, cornering feels more positive

bikerfzr's Profile
bikerfzr

Big smile

SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Tried putting pressure on inside peg on the ride to Barmouth and it didn't seem to have any effect, maybe I'm not doing it right? My SV is quite nimble but I have not set-up the suspension properly yet                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerfzr's Profile
bikerfzr

oh you'll know if ya doing it right as bike'll turn into corner as soon as ya push , personally cant control it well enough                                                                                                                                                                             
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Best advice I can give-
Is always use your WYLIWYG-
and have good tires at the right pressure.                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I'm getting (sniff sniff).....

pebbles in the rain lol

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

It's all about gyroscopic precession.
Which will of course leave you all none the wiser as to how a bike steers but it does sound good.

stutts's Profile
stutts

In: hampshire

well I tried it at the weekend ........I pushed on the pegs and the washing fell off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 966 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption