Anyone fancy a game of MORNINGTON CRESCENT.

31 Posts | Latest reply on 07/09/2014 03:28:31 by VFR800AJ | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Playing to King George IV rules, which means an infinite number of players can participate. I shall start with a risky opener, which could put me in Nip for 2 moves; SLOANE SQUARE.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

If we knew how to play, you might in fact get quite a few playing along. I have heard this played on the radio but still haven't been able to work out what the hell it is all about.                                                                                                                                                                             
Eiron's Profile
Eiron

In: Hastings

Mornington Crescent!
That was easy. You shouldn't start with Sloane Square on the Ides.

Double six's Profile
Double six

After a little research into the rules of this past time, I really feel I must, '' Well, shame on you '' @ Eiron. lol
Terribly bad form to go for the juggler straight off the bat you know!                                                                                                                                                                             
jilly065's Profile
jilly065

In: Preston

Hmmm, I have no idea what this is all about,,, I best go do some research of my own :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Eiron's Profile
Eiron

In: Hastings

OK. I'll withdraw my last move and go for Aldwych.
Get out of that one!

Double six's Profile
Double six

Wakefield Westgate.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hmmm suppose it'll be 

Wakefield Kirkgate next?                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

Mornington cresent!
I win!! Pmsl                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

dooooh I aint got a clue how to play this game better also go research but I do know where wakefield westage is and kirkgate too do I get any points for knowing or do I just simply get my butt moved lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

6 - That's shockingly illegal under King George rules. Did you forget about Vertical Slings? I asked the late Humph for adjudication; he says you have to spend one turn in nip (but, as a consolation, with Samantha for company).   Euston Square.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

It's refreshing to see that there are more loonies Wacko

Nice one Val Wink

Radoi 4 has a lot to answer for LOL

teenybash's Profile
teenybash

In: Thetford
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

It simply just isn't cricket.
If you are introducing a game of sorts be a darn good egg and explain the rules.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Heavens, Teens...   King George VI rules. Vertical Slings apply until the 9TH nuance (and not the 10th as is sometimes believed). Circle Line can't be used without the say-so of the next participant.   Is that clear enough?Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

Heavens to betsy, just accept you intellectuals were beaten by a truck driver from the midlands using cunning and the loose translation of the regulations.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

As a game devised for a "radio" audience Wacko

Unless you're a devotee of "clue"* as it's commonly known Wink

It won't make any sense Confused

But it the "spirit" of the game Approve

There are no rules Embarrassed 

Unless the "chairman" declares them LOL

* I'm Sorry I haven't A Clue

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

What are you doing here, 6? You're supposed to be in Nip with Samantha.   You know darn well Vertical Slings apply until the 9th nuance. You shouldn't even be moving out of West Yorkshire until the seventh, unless diverting through Dewsbury...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

All right. Let's restart with a tip-down at... Ealing Broadway. (Open circuit, first to reply on the Metropolitan Line advances.)                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

I tell you now, I did more than nip with the delectable Samantha! And no, I will not disclose what we got up to.                                                                                                                                                                             
teenybash's Profile
teenybash

In: Thetford
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Well I haven't got a clue, none of it makes sense . Might not have any rules but I don't even understand what the concept is. The places you're named I've never heard of either. Guess be one thread I'll just have to miss out                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.2813 seconds. There are 597 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption