Tell you Later

39 Posts | Latest reply on 11/11/2014 22:31:01 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Can we get rid of this option please?                                                                                                                                                                                    
Imola72's Profile
Imola72

In: Rainhill near Li
34% Karma34% Karma 34% Karma34% Karma

Seconded, especially in Relationship statusWink                                                                                                                                                                               
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

I'll tell you later                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I agree, it is nothing less than obfusticating and has no more function than to deceive.                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

tell you later coz iv forgot                                                                                                                                                                             
Dnepr rider's Profile
Dnepr rider

In: Kinsley

couldn't agree more, some profiles are full of it!!!

TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

realationship status and bike.....??? whats all that about...                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Exactly. Couldn't care less if someone has a bike or not, but come on show honesty in your relationship status. As much as this is also a social site, people do join to find someone.

The "tell you later" option in the relationship bit should be removed.
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

I like the tell you later, it's better than a lie.
We're not all here on the pull, some of us are just after biking friends...

In which case bike is relevant ( at least to us males cos we're primitives when it comes to things like that ).

And conversely I'm not really interested or bothered if you're single, married, partnered, straight, gay, bi, black, white, yellow, pink or purple.

That is none of my business and you'll tell me if you want to.
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

How can it be better than a lie, when for all intents and purposes the person is omitting to tell the truth? For those looking for someone, then it is something that is important, a clear and honest starting point.

I understand that those already attached or just seeking friends wouldn't be bothered by this, but there are many people on here that are seeking a partner.
Whatsisname?'s Profile
Whatsisname?

In: Dorchester

As a newbie I don't have a problem with Tell you later. If I have a photo on my profile, albeit I don't like photo's of myself, people can see what race I am, and judge for themselves. But do I really need to state my Religion ? or my Education ? if I am only looking for friends. But the option is there for anyone looking for a Partner/Wife/Husband. One should never say never, so if in my elderly confusion I decide to look for a partner, I can always fill in the missing details. But as far as my Race is concerned I'm Sort of Viking/Scottish/Midland/southern softie type thing, this is about as specific as I can get and there isn't space to put that in the box :) Now "Blue eyes" that fit's the box a treat.
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

As with everything in life, if you don't like something then just ignore the person.  Just the same as not putting up a profile picture or one thats obscured in some way. If someone is percieved by you as being less than truthfull then ignore them. 
Not everyone that leaves that option in does it for bad reasons and a lot like to have the option as a choice.

There is no need to remove it. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Trouble is Jo it take me so long to make my mind up I have to tell you later lol

Whatsisname?'s Profile
Whatsisname?

Yes that's it exactly Bluesbiker. It's there for those who want to fill it in, and if you don't want to, then don't.

I would like to refer back to my original post, in case anyone takes offence at what I said about only looking for a partner in my elderly confusion. If you read my profile you will know why I will not be looking any time soon. (I should be so lucky anyway, that someone else would want me, i'm well aware of my limitations Cry )

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

I know this is a tad contentious subject wise but its a subject that has been mentioned to me that quite a few people don't like the "tell you later" option, but only on the relationship bit.

Its not to do with age, looks,race or faith.

Personally I prefer honesty but I know its each to their own.
Whatsisname?'s Profile
Whatsisname?

Rowanblossom you have made me feel so bad about my profile I have updated it and it is now complete .LOL   By the way Bluesbiker made a comment about profile photos being obscured in some way Ermm . Ermm.

Cally.'s Profile
Cally.

If there is a tell you later on a profile for relationship status I tend not to answer any pm's from that person, because a) don't see a problem with stating your relationship status, and b) would hate to cause any arguments if they do have an 'other half' or something and wasn't aware of that. Why would anyone not want to state that if they are being honest about themselves? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Buckaroo's Profile
Buckaroo

In: Rochdale lancash
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Don't reply to anyone who can't be bothered to put a few words ,what's the big secret!                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

here here ......................ill tell ya later Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Does it really matter?
Every one is on here for variety of reasons to what the site offers. Friendship,advice,ride outs,nights out,rallies etc
Let's say the option is taken off. A person can still be dishonest no matter what it's common sense really to take time out get to know some one if they genuine they won't hide ought.

Look at it this way option divorced well you can be divorced and single or divorced do we really have to label ourselves put each other into little boxes?
Yes it gives people the basics details of that person etc but taking time out chatting over time actually reveals a lot about a individual, but if unsure then simple checks is that person only on here at certain times of the day each week, do they have different pictures of them self on here, been to any rallies,ride outs nights out etc.have they paid to be full member on here? Also if after time have a phone number are you able to talk any time or just at certain times?
Myself personally if get mail they send hi here's my hotmail address or phone number like to talk add me. Simple sorry won't talk through that system. Every one is differant has opinions even judgementle at times but if your real genuine down to earth person you won't lie as the saying goes youve to be a good liar and have good memory not to be caught out.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 773 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption