A northern camp

44 Posts | Latest reply on 17/08/2014 21:25:59 by dustin666 | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

There seems to be a lack of BM events for the rest of the year so I thought I would see if anyone is interested in a northern camp. And I mean proper north where the good roads are. Northumberland / Borders is a possibility. The Lakes if you want more traffic. Dent will happen anyway so is excluded from this discussion. Well anyone fancy it?
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

proper Englishshire North, Steve your a man after me own heart Sir.

If I can fit it in I'll toddle down and keep away from Lakes as very nice but too many cars Thumbs Up

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Not sure if I will be fit to ride as opp in July may bin the rest of the year but if the dates money and I'm good to ride all ok then count me in                                                                                                                                                                              
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Sounds good to me                                                                                                                                                                             
teenybash's Profile
teenybash

In: Thetford
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

When and what are you thinking of Steve?                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

There is a campsite on Hadrian's Wall at Twicebrewed, nearby pub and easy to find from M6 or A1.
Another option is Keilder although that can be midge central.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

what dates have you in mind                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Yeah, the lakes are a waste of time , too many tourists. Too many cars and bikes.It's just a long traffic jam. There's only two types of riding possible , 'point and squirt' tedious, or 'in the American style' big yawn.

Northumberland and the Borders? Pure magic, a biking heaven.

There's more people live in a 'student house' than in the Borders and Northumberland. Fairly decent road surface. Endless flowing bends up and down the hills.

AND lots of real cafes that turn raw ingredients into cooked food, rather than microwaving frozen junk.

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

A weekend in August might be best; 9/10th or 16/17th are options.  But I'm open to suggestions.

How about Winshields campsite, near Twice Brewed (http://www.winshields.co.uk/) on the Hadrians Wall road (B6318). The B6318 runs north and parallel to the A69 so is easy to find.

A run out from there on the Saturday could be
along the B6318 to Chollerford (cafe for a breakfast)
then north and up past Keilder Water (think Black Forest type road with more cafe stops)
over the border to Harwick (good cafes here too).the return run could pick up the awesome Hermitage Castle
a little of the A7 to Longtown (another grand cafe there)
before picking up the B6318 again and back to the site.
By which time everyone will be ready for a pint or two on the pub.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

either date is good for me at the moment, a decision sooner than later would be good to book time off work...                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

That sounds fab fella  9/10  free Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

August 9/10/11 I'm at Astle park for the steam gathering (sad but true)
a fortnight later would suit me .                                                                                                                                                                              
BigRay's Profile
BigRay

In: Otley

I'm busy both weekends bugger but have a good one                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Weekend of the 9th is the Rock and Bike so you may get more folk annoying you if you go for the latter weekend :) just a though                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Ullapool calls on 8/9/10 so that's out for me too.

Maybe another (English) Bank Holiday, 22nd-25th, gathering - and I'll bring cake?

A bit further north but been told that Biggar has a good site, might be taking up an invite for tea and cake there and will let you know, maybe for future reference.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes going the rock and bike, the following week would be ideal tho                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Busy the first 2 weekends.
Otherwise fine.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

So is the 16/17th the best bet then?
The following week is the bank holiday and I'll be away elsewhere... And I would like to go to me own do :-)

dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

count me in for the 16/17, was going to go to france with ken and alan but im back at work on the 18th so this will be a nice end to the school holidays:)

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

OK so whose up the 16/17th?
Add yer name and re-post and if there enough interest I'll arrange it.

Steve H.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 765 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption