ZZR 1100 Front Brakes

6 Posts | Latest reply on 07/06/2014 23:35:46 by SlowGoose | Go to original / last post
quintonrich's Profile
quintonrich

In: Brum
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have recently aquired a really nice Kwak ZZR 1100,the front brakes are cack,its got new braided lines,new front discs and the pads are OK. I have seen that a good upgrade are GSXR calipers,but there must be an improvement to be had on the existing set up,they could not have been this way from new and mine has only 14k miles on it ? Thumbs Up   Many thanks Rich:                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

ive had four zzr1100,s and with mine i stripped them down cleaned the calipers and put in all new seals,pads etc.then completly refilled and bled whole system this worked a treat but on one i replaced the discs as although they seemed ok there was some ridges on them and they then worked great Big smileThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Richard T's Profile
Richard T

In: North Lincs

Agree with ZZRbabe - Most likely seized pistons.

Are yours the 6-pot Tokiko calipers? I had a set of those on my last bike - Triumph Trophy - they worked great.

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Stupid question but you did clean the discs before fitting                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

strip the brakes - chances are the pistons are stuck - a seals kit isn't too expensive - I did have the GSXR calipers on my ZZR1100, but a mate had the standard ZZR calipers on his, and once they were sorted (full strip and new seals) there really wasn't much difference between his brakes and mine.

SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

As stated above- strip and clean, replace seals and you will be good to go.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3125 seconds. There are 1045 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption