Member recognition?

84 Posts | Latest reply on 04/05/2014 22:11:49 by Cloud_God | Go to original / last post
Richard T's Profile
Richard T

In: North Lincs
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

How do BM members recognise each other when meeting on an un-planned occasion, e.g. a general bike meet or other event. There are so many of us we can't be expected to recognise each other by remembering photos! So is there a BM equivalent of the red carnation in the buttonhole? Patch, pin badge,tee shirt, helmet sticker,etc? Ideally something transferable? (I have several different sets of riding gear depending on the season/weather?) If nothing at present, how adout a competition to design something suitable?
Imola72's Profile
Imola72

In: Rainhill near Li
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

How about a cap with BM logo and user name?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Why not just attend the BM KISS annual rally? it is a member only event so only BM'ers will be there! alternatively, check out the events calendar and look to see who else is attending, check profiles for photo ID and bike recognition and turn up. This is how it has been done previously, rally t-shirts and hoodies are available for those going to the KISS and can be worn at other events as a form of identity. Rally patches have been discussed but as yet nothing has been decided to date that I am aware of. Many people from this site have managed to make arrangements to meet up with other members with a very high degree of success, it is just a matter of getting yourself out there and making an effort to approach those you recognise.
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

here here @ 66 
ill be the one that looks like me Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yes chaps, Kaycat is easily recognisable, she is the one who is constantly in a state of giddiness and may at times appear to be.......erm.....unhinged! lmao                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

That makes a nice change I won't be getting a slap for that remark
Tee shirts and other stuff is available for those that would like it contact brummie Jackie for info                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I try to swap a mobile number if meeting totally new people, but then I need to be able to hear and answer if they use it!

Sorry Mojojojo Embarrassed was too late picking up your message the other week, must do it again.
Apparently, 'look out for the noisiest fruit loops there' wasn't sufficient , we were too well behaved LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

I just wear my stoopid hat and wahey, a smile! WackoBig smile   I have been known to loiter around the bar in Squires (with Karey!) on occasions, checking folk out and asking random people if they were the person we were waiting for ...  errmmm it worked eventually ...    It' a good ice breaker too, even if they aren't BM-ers! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

BM logo username stuff available via me :-)

Some pics on my profile                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Tis ok JP, I won't be getting slapped for my remark about Kaycat as it was in fact I who correctly diagnosedher as being.......unhinged! hahaha                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

So it's is all your fault then 66

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Guilty as charged JP.                                                                                                                                                                             
Richard T's Profile
Richard T

In: North Lincs

@66 - please re-read my original question, then look up the definition of "unplanned"? :-)

@brummie jackie: seen pics, like the logo! Please post detail of items available, sizes, prices etc? Thanks!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No need to get snotty newbie, I was just trying to help but there you go.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Unplanned that's something to do with child maintenance I think                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I've been a member since 2009 Approve   I can honestly say that I only "recognise" about 40% of BMers Confused   In my opinion, this is due mainly to folk not resembling their profile photo Disapprove   As human beings we are blessed genetically with the ability to recognise faces "from birth" Wink   Babies can even recognise their mothers upside down Wacko   So if your profile photo isn't a good likeness you've little chance of being spotted as who you are, even amongst a crowd of exclusively BM members Shocked   Whether YOU like the way you look now isn't important Ermm   You have to ask yourself, would you be recognised by someone who's never met you but seen your photo Thumbs Up   Richard, I've no doubt that your photo is a good likeness Embarrassed   And on the subject of ID patches etc. as Jax has said it's work in progress but not a top priority item Tongue   That's my 2 pennorth Smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

should  I put my two Penarth in                                            NO                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Getting bored now!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

o I'm with you 66                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

Play nicely children.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7148 seconds. There are 803 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption