Best Biking Memory

12 Posts | Latest reply on 20/09/2007 15:04:04 by abctrev | Go to original / last post
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Being the nosey type I am, I thought I'd try to find out what everyone's most memorable and favourite biking experience was.    I'll start the ball rolling, shall I?   Just to set the scene first a group of friends and myself were touring Scotland in May 2006. First morning involved waking up at a place called Bridge of Orchy (just North of the Green Welly stop) and setting off up through Glencoe.   The moment came when we turned into Glencoe and a strange eerieness and calmness took over.  The road ahead was long and clear with huge mountains towering up on either side.  Directly ahead of us was the most perfect rainbow I had ever seen and started/ended either side of the road ahead.  It just looked like a huge multi-coloured footbridge (no drugs involved - honest lol).   The moment lasted until we reached the town of Glencoe itself.  Can still see it in my mind's eye and is something I'll never forget.     ps. The remainder of the holiday was equally as exciting and I strongly recommend a trip round Scotland for everyone.  I am really looking forward to my next trip to Scotland Big smile.  If anyone wants details (directions/ waypoints etc) of my trip, then just PM me and I'll send you them.                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

perfect rainbow   Ah the simple things in life eh? You can't beat them. Big smile                                                                                                                                                                                 
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

ahhh - best biking moment - well 2 atually - both in Scotland....first one - coming back from the Highlands through Glen Coe funnily enough!!...was wizzing down the beautiful empty roads...just ahead of us was a car pootling along - we go to overtake the car, just at the same time that a jet came flying overhead at low altitude - the noise of it sh&t us up & made us wobble a bit (it just seemed to appear out of nowhere) - however, the look on the car drivers face was priceless - he heard the noise just at the sametime that we (on a CX500) overtook him....he nearly drove off the road!!!...I laughed till I cried most of the way back home!! LOL The 2nd one was on the way up to Applecross (overlooking the Isle of Skye) - at that time, there was only 1 way in & out of the village - over the Pass of the Cattle (can't remember the Gaelic name!) we were at the bottom - about a mile off the start of it. Coming in the other direction was a biker - fully laden with camping gear waving madly at us! We stopped for him - expecting him to say that they didn't allow bikers on the campsite. However, he got off his bike & came over to us - so excited & animated it was untrue - all he said to us was " I don't know who you are, or where you're going but you just HAVE to go over the pass to Applecross - absolutely F*cking amazing!!!" & with that he got back on his bike & rode off....needless to say - the pass IS ABSOLUTELY F*CKING AMAZING!! & I would recomend that if you're ever in Scotland you go up there & over it!...the best way now (as you can get to Applecross from another direction now) is to go the backway round(oooooer missus!) & the come down the pass - the view that hits you when you come round the corner is to die for & the pass zigzaggin it's way down the back of a glacial corrie is just awesome!! ahhhh...memories lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

mine was last month , taking my son on his first rally (the patriot games ) on his own bike and doing over 400 miles just watching him ride in front of me.and friends in front of him to make sure he was ok .great weather all weekend and lots of laughs watching a moped pass harleys at 75 mph .
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

ACU/BMF National Rally  few years back. It was just dawn, about 4am, and I was heading towards Witney on the A40 acros the Costwolds. The valleys on either side were filled with mist, yet the road on the top of the ridge was in the clear and the sun was just climbing above the horizon. It was going to be a beautiful day - and just then I had it all to myself!
notsobigmac's Profile
notsobigmac

In: derby

cant really pick a single best moment but every time I start the bike the anticipation of what even the shortest journey could show me is a magic moment in itself!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

................ha ha before I became a "biker" myself - being taken to a nearby bikers cafe by my dad when I was a little girl not far from where was born and brought up - the Ace Cafe!!  Was quite a sight and a mystery to me then but the chip butties were great!! Guess some things dont change that much except Im riding bikes myself now too lmao!! Sandy x                                                                                                                                                                             
fatmanonholiday's Profile
fatmanonholiday

In: leeds

getting down any twisty road i know as fast as i can gone down plenty twice just cause it felt so good the first time                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve55's Profile
Steve55

In: Heckmondwike

Couple of years back during a trip to the Alps riding "The 500" from Freudenstadt to Baden-Baden 31 miles of bends to cry for. So good I wanted to go back for another go. Promised myself to return just to do it again. Perhaps next year.                                                                                                                                                                             
rattler's Profile
rattler

In: Liverpool

The first big bike I had my old CBR600. I got on the A565 Formby by-pass and absoluteley leathered it. Scared myself sh****ss.                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

My best biking memory so far was in 1993 when i went the FIM rally in Belgium with my Dad. It was a brilliant rally and I would recommend it to anyone. We spent the evening getting ratted with about 100 swedes and norweigans, and none of us could speak the others language. I have never laughed so much at nothing, it was infectious. The last day of the rally is a parade of nations through the local town (olympic style) but on bikes. What a spectacle. Everyone wore their national flags and pillion riders sat backwards or stood up waving and shouting to the watching crowds. It was brilliant! If anyone fancies doing this rally it is in Greece 2008, Croatia 2009 and back in Belgium in 2010...Dad and I will be doing the 2010 one for certain...Could make it a heeeeuge BM rally???   http://www.fim.ch/en/default.asp?item=49                                                                                                                                                                             
abctrev's Profile
abctrev

In: Nottingham

Too difficult to pick out one memory, but a couiple stand out. Like the time waaay back as a despatcher in London, fueled by money lust and youthful invulnerability, caning an ageing (even then) suzuki 400 back from Harrods to the office in St Albans in 26 minutes, then shaking for a while when I got off the bike. Ah, happy gatso-free days :) Or blitzing up to a rally in north Wales on the back of a mate's Guzzi, with a couple more on a Duke 900 SD. Or catching a bubble in the traffic that let me have the Snake Pass all to myself :) I just look forward to the next one!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5156 seconds. There are 1888 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption