NON uk registered vehicle breakdown cover

8 Posts | Latest reply on 19/01/2014 08:02:08 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi peeps got a friend here in london has a uk registered bike and a slovak registered car RAC are NOT interested was wondering if there is any breakdown cover available that will INCLUDE the car (VW PASSAT ESTATE CAR) as well as the bike? Cheers

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

To start with if they live in the UK the car should be reregistered he in the UK.

My RAC covers me not the vehicle im in so a registration from a differnt country shouldnt realy be an issue.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

To start with if they live in the UK the car should be reregistered he in the UK.  

Why?

Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

if you keep a foreign registered car in the uk for over 6 months you are meant to register it in the uk.
they won't work on/recover anything without a valid tax disc either.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well not that this was the question, guess i should have know

better. But as you peeps know nothing about the owner or the car

or how long it's been or going to be in the country. i'd appreciate

you sticking to the original post or NOT!!!!!!!! BOTHERING THANK

YOU.
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

My partner works for green flag,I asked her and thats what I was told.guess as she works for a recovery company she'll know nothing about that then.......
the six month rule is europe wide.my friends live in France and were informed by the local gendarmerie to re-register their uk plated car or get done,almost six months to the day after moving into their french address.they are enforcing it here too due to the high number of east european cars driving round with no uk insurance cover,before you ask my brother is a traffic police officer with the met and that was his response to the question,uninsured cars a large problem in London,mainly cars with LT or LV plates.
If you're not going to like the answer then why ask the question?
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well not that this was the question, guess i should have know

better. But as you peeps know nothing about the owner or the car

or how long it's been or going to be in the country. i'd appreciate

you sticking to the original post or NOT!!!!!!!! BOTHERING THANK

YOU.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ahhhhh got this from a grown ups website i frequent he works for the AA and does'nt seem to think himself so self important he has to offer unsolicited information. But thank you all anyway. Roll on 9th feb.

yes we will cover him as a personal member. i go out to loads of foreign plated cars. it might be worth checking out aa membership from his original country if they are not english as we do breakdown cover for most of europe and it might be cheaper to buy it back at home and still use it here. get lots of people in brighton buy it from germany with a german registered car and live here. they call their breakdown company back in germany who then send us out. can work out a lot cheaper.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3909 seconds. There are 1291 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption