Pillion contribution

52 Posts | Latest reply on 08/02/2014 10:05:46 by JP | Go to original / last post
BigRay's Profile
BigRay

In: Otley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

APPLE PIE, CUSTARD .that will do

Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

I always insist on paying for petrol or buy drinks, dinner, its only fair as they've come out their way for me                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I feel its not fair to expect a pillion to pay fuel, but a coffee and a CAKEEEEEEEE no that's is expected lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Never asked a pillion for money towards running costs or for a brew, I am quite happy to collect a pillion anywhere in the country, take her to the destination of her choice, buy a meal and generally treat her like a princess ... News Flash, that didnt work either .. still bloody single lol
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

its fabooo being a pilly on the right bike with the right fella Wink ooooh yus

but its also darn faboooooo riding ya own bike ... i cant take pillies as only got single seat and that suits me jus fine Thumbs Up

same as everyone has said..... ask the rider if they want fuel money.  I would never ask about tea/coffee or food as that is a pre-given that as pilly you get teh first lot in ... unless you have been asked out by a fella then they usually like to pay anyhoooooo, but i always offer.... be rude not to Cool

hope ya friend has a fabooooo day Big smile

Fatbob16's Profile
Fatbob16

In: Buckley
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

I agree with Andy........get me kake and I will take you to the end of the world !

I love kake me !                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I know you like your Kake Martin lmao Wink

Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

ZZRBabe (and others), the insurance companies aren't being 100pc straight with you when they say you're not covered for a pillion.
The Road Traffic Act says you HAVE to have passenger liability cover if you;'re equipped to carry passengers, and it doesn't make any distinction here between bike and cars.
So even if you think you haven't got pilly cover, you have whether you like it or not. The difference between this and full pilly cover is that if you carry a pilly and have an accident, the insurance cover will pay out what's due to the pillion, and then try to claim the money back from you. 
Obviously if you've only got a single-seater like Suzi, this doesn't apply, and if you make a point of never carrying a pilly like ZZRBabe there's no problem. But I do wish the insurance underwriters and brokers would stop pretending they can opt out of parts of the Road Traffic Act, coz they can't.
OK, end of rant!                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

ooh you go Wills!  WinkThumbs UpLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
rileymtr's Profile
rileymtr

In: bradford

Thanks wills i didnt know that everytime i renew they allways ask if i require pilly cover.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Knew Wills would know the score when it comes to insurance and pillions...I take extra cover out to ensure that Im covered just in case ...you never know..its for peace of mind....                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Too right Wills its a big con on there part think its about time we all started asking them why when we renew our policy or do a few online with and without see if they are charging extra                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4229 seconds. There are 837 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption