Did you ever ...

28 Posts | Latest reply on 26/01/2014 11:37:04 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Eiron's Profile
Eiron

In: Hastings
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

... crash because you forgot the bike you were riding doesn't have ABS?

Or traction control?

Just a random thought that occurred to me while riding in the rain.
Never happened to me but I did often forget that Harleys don't lean very far. Smile

RickM's Profile
RickM

In: Thorney
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Fell off in petrol station because I forgot to put my feet down !                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Riding 150 miles in the cold without a stop, feeling totally cold. mesmerised and thinking, should I be doing something other than 70 miles on the slip road before I hit that roundabout. Oh yes I have to slow down. ABS was dead handyBig smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I had a scarey moment laying a nice big darky going into a very fast tight bend extreamly hot, just as my abs sensor failed (yes i was gong in fast, in fact some would say i was racing :-/ )

Stayed shiney side up but 70mph broad side pegs down on an r1200rt isnt realy ideal if you were intending to let the tech let you do naughty things!
And yes i still managed to beat my mates i was riding with round the bend 8-)
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

get in to the wrong tent at a rally  i only did it once thou Wink

Eiron's Profile
Eiron

In: Hastings

The thing to do at a rally is to fall asleep outside someone else's tent
then wake up, unzip the door, stick your head inside and throw up.

kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

owwwwww

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Got to a petrol station once and forgot I had my youngest son pillion .....went to get off and couldn't get my leg down in time ...something was in the way....Doh 

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Not long after I passed (i'm going with the newbie excuse).   Where I had parked up there was a small stone pillar, I had moved the bike to ride off.  Started to pull away, but hadn't taken into consideration my panniers would kind of, er, well get in the way.   One on the left made contact with the post and the bike tipped over.       On the up, luckily I had panniers on so could pick the bike up on my own and I don't think anyone saw what happened.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Pulling a bigger wheelie than my mate on the way to the grey goose in gedling notts I was on an rsv mille ,,,,,,,, nice big wheelie going past the old pit entrance forgetting the local feds park there ,,,,,,,, think the race pipe gave me away ,,,,, the nice policeman on the side of the road made the slap on the wrist sign pointed to the road with the 2 sign lol
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

I carelessly threw my leg over the back of my exs honda 750, and continued off the other side, taking him n the bike with me.

Id forgotten that i had a huge bag of tools round my shoulders n the weight carried me over n off!

I jumped to my feet, checked all the neighbours windows just to make sure no one had seen and THEN asked if he was ok!
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

I crashed because I forgot I'm not as good as I think I am

centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

LOL @ GBNP, nice one LOL

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Thanks @centurion. I must admit it was done with such style n grace i was proud of myself!                                                                                                                                                                             
teenybash's Profile
teenybash

In: Thetford
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Have to confess to that one too gpnp in Asda car park. Not one person came to help so I had to wait for the ex to get off his bike and for him to stop laughing all the while pinned under my bike as foot still on the peg!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Here is another one ...

Years ago at a rally, feeling amorous me n partner were getting '
Jiggy' in tent it was obvs noisy n all of a sudden there was a blaze of headlights then a major roar n cheering followed by lots of whistling n banter ... We carried on not a care in the world.. eventually after a hour or so all was quiet...

Nothing wrong there you say .... Except when we crawled out of the tent the next morning to cheers, applause and whoops only to be told that the lights were behind our tent and everyone had a perfect shadow/silhouette show of the proceedings... Oh the embarrassment!!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hasn't put you off though .GBNP.. lolWink

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh, so that was YOU!Clap

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

***chortle***                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If your noisey enough they dont need the head lights !                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 581 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption