Scottish Lunch?

38 Posts | Latest reply on 10/12/2013 21:38:58 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Not be same with out ya Kate Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

They say it’s pretty quiet but as I’m hoping that we’ll have a sizeable group so I’ve asked M&D’s to reserve table #38 in the Family Restaurant – it’s a big U-shape good for a dozen plus. Big smile
The Family Restaurant is the dining area to the left of the main entrance and giving access to the bowling lanes. Table #38 is up the stairs above the bar – if scotsdick makes it over we’ll have to carry him up “Maharaja-style” (his suggestion!) as he’ll be in plaster. Ermm
I’ll be there for the suggested 12:30 start (says she hopefully) but please just come and go to suit your own journey times and other commitments. Food is your typical diner menu; burgers from £6.30, haddock & chips and macaroni cheese both also £6.30, steak & ale pie £7.30, sausage & mash £5.30, vegetable stroganoff £7.00 etc.
Bowling is £4 for one game, £8 for two and there’s also a pool/snooker lounge up the stairs just off our dining area (so we wouldn’t have to lug Richard about) and other things to wander off to check out – think even an open air ice rink to skate/fall over on.
There is an ATM on site but it charges £1.90 per transaction! Shocked
Come and go as you like and if you’ve not added your face to the event you’re still welcome to make a last-minute appearance and bring a friend too.
Keep an eye on pilly/lift requests and keep in contact if you’ve offered transport.
Any questions, just PM me or call the event contact number which is me too; I've not arranged anything like this before so am bound to have gotten something wrong.

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Got 10 faces on the event page but I KNOW there are more coming.

Most of us haven't met each other so don't be shy.

If you can't make it for lunch time I'm sure we'll be around for a while, enjoying the amusements at hand, so let us know if you plan to drop by later.

Bring friends. Handshake                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

A couple of real interlopers coming along now! Well, I am anyway, GT63 will be returning to the land of her birth Wink

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

PMSL, that's fantastic! Thanks for making the effort, hope it'll be worth it but it's sure looking to be a good afternoon/evening.

Almost one in the eye to those at Squires that you're coming to Scotland!!! Na, na,na naaaa-nahhhh! (Sorry, can't help getting a bit giddy that peeps are actually going to come!)

Any more? Heck, just turn up!
Message, text or call if you need any more info.

Party Party Party  

aweedram says I've to put a lid on the table so he'll know he's found us, I think you'll all know me when you see me!                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

Squires is very overrated anyhow Wink 

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

{{{ BUMP }}}

There is a table booked (see earlier in thread) but more for our convenience than for them to expect x-number of meals, however, I would like to have a better idea of numbers so please add/withdraw on the events page if you now can/can't come, or drop me a PM if preferred.

You don't HAVE to, all are welcome to turn up as and when possible, and bring friends too; so if it's Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning and you're just seeing this then just come along.                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Great to have met you and Lorna last night Kev - got the party started!

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Safe journey all.                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

Great to have met you and Andy too, and the Quarry is highly recommended!
Been out on a scenic (and wet) drive this morning but heading back to Hamilton now, see you soon ;) Kev, Lorna and the Snail                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Thank you Kev,

hope you enjoyed today too - I can't take credit for 'arranging' anything but think it went well Embarrassed Will wait to see what feedback gets posted and looking forward to some pictures - featuring faces please Wink.

Hope you and Lorna had a good journey home and will head north again soon - always welcome here now that you know where I am.
Quarry Bar certainly gave me a little surprise Wink but the music was good and I'm still recovering now!

Thanks for the cheese and crackers Grommit - how did you know???
xxx

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Sounds like you all had a good time!  Nice oneThumbs Up 

We had a good Northern Xmas do at Squires tooThumbs Up

Hopefully catch up with you all when the rally season starts again! Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Looking forward to it Kaz, and Anita says thanks for the HugHug Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

awwww thanks for passing on the Hug's izzy.. bet you all had a blast Thumbs Up

shaky1275's Profile
shaky1275

In: glasgow

i did 

centurion's Profile
centurion

& so did Lorna and yours truly, great to meet you all and a big thanx to Izzy for organising it all Thumbs Up

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Thanks, if you build it people will come - and they did! Thanks to all.

I put a few photos on my profile but will add them to the event when I have a moment later on.                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

Already added rucks of photos of the bowling match Wink

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

thanks izzy for a grand sunday chrimbo bowling day out met a good bunch hope to bump into ye all again at some event at the bar! safe bikingBeer

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5313 seconds. There are 772 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption