Whistle Stop Cafe, Whitby

16 Posts | Latest reply on 29/09/2013 18:09:12 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
MjN's Profile
MjN

In: Basildon
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Is the parking there free for bikes if you're not parked outside the cafe? If you are outside the cafe, do they get the hump if you go for a walk??

Cheers me dears.

Me :)                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Not sure I know which café that is... there is one café at a roundabout with a car park in front of it... and parking for bikes is free at designated bays... and nothing to do with the cafe                                                                                                                                                                             
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

Not heard or been here ....is it worth a visit ?????                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I go there often Mj . I usually park at the cafe, have a cuppa  (and cake), go for a roam around the town, then roll back up to the bike whenever.....there's never been a problem....... might even be there tomorrowWink

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh and yes, it's free!!!*#-o d'oh!                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

it's at the train station   http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...tml   Popular Whitby restaurants Ditto Restaurant Beckett's coffee shop Humble Pie 'n' Mash Falling Foss Tea Garden Teare Wood's Luxury Ice Cream Pa...our Number 4 Cafe Bar & Restaurant&...ant Shepherd's Hall Tea Rooms Lealho...olm The Marine Sandside Cafe Vinyard The Singing Kettle Magpie Cafe The Postgate Country Inn Trenchers Kam Thai Coast Cafe Bar Marie Antoinette's Patisserie Elizabeth Botham & Sons Sherlock's Coffee House Hamonds Tea Room and Cafe                                                                                                                                                                             
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

Bigger letters maybe ... Is it worth a visit ???? Wacko

Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Maybe just the once 18 LOL                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Do you mean to Whitby, or the cafe itself  Intruder? The cafe is actually at the railway station, and shares parking space with a car park - the bikes just park along the front of the cafe, and in any random space  the cars can't fit into.
On a good day, there may be around 60-70 bikes there.
Must say though, it's worth it for the cake  cake cake cake alone - they're HUGE*:-O surprise, so you can easily share them.

As for Whitby, it's just a lovely old fishing town -  plenty fish n chips 'n stuff, good to walk round, whatever!

Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

Cake and share does not go together PB ..... thank you very much for the info ...I will be visiting soon Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

I loooouuuurrrrvvveee Whitby....                                                                                                                                                                             
MjN's Profile
MjN

I know you cannot park in the 2 left hand bays when you face the cafe. They're private parking and y                                                                                                                                                                             
MjN's Profile
MjN

I know you cannot park in the 2 left hand bays when you face the cafe. They're private parking and you will find mad women taking photos of your bike to report you but I've never read the signs there to be sure.

May be taking Brat there tomorrow. HE'S NEARLY OOP NOORTH!! YAY!

And inty, whitbys worth it for the fish and chips. :)

Thanks for the replies people. Much appreciated. :)
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Hi Mjn,

and "others"

Whitby is my "short day out" venue of choice, and probably visit there 50 or so times a season?

the 2 parking spaces mentioned earlier, only, are attached to the whistle stop,
any other parking is OFFICIALY pay n display, and the two on far right  (with back to café) are disabled only,
its pretty lenient though as far as parking, though "occasionally"  a new warden gets a bit keen!
as long as you don't be an idiot though folk are ok.
until last month the lady who owned it (Angie) was very pleasant to bikers/ bike riding folk,
though I have not visited since she said she was moving on, so cannot comment on the "new" place.

it is/ (was) certainly worth a visit, and if the change turns out not to be for best, I cab fully recommend the "court yard café" just over the road, n up the first street as your heading back to moors, in the court yard duh.                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

If you park on the hill part, then make sure you leave the bike in gear...............  I'm saying no more than that Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

The cake is FABULOUS!!   I tried the Lemon one last time I was there ... it had great big pieces of lemon in it ... Yum, yum, yum!Thumbs Up

Go to the Magpie for fish n chips ... 

take a stroll in the back streets, some brilliant Goth shops ... 

Do I sound like Im working for the Tourist Information Board?!  hmmmm, OK ... better stop nowEmbarrassedGO TO WHITBY ... It's great!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6055 seconds. There are 932 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption