BM'ers on Tour in France

52 Posts | Latest reply on 07/11/2013 03:30:00 by madscots | Go to original / last post
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

In: Newark
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

@ Sandi That's a good point if I  may add to it /
Make sure to have a valid EHIC card( free if you don't click on the wrong web site) 
Also make sure that you have travel insurance that covers you for bikes of over 125 cc many policies don't so read the small print 
Additionally make sure that your breakdown cover  will be adequate in the event of an accident ( as opposed to a breakdown ) again read the small print Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

Oh I forgot to say that you still need personal health cover too and if you have any issues they will cost you more but if you don't declare them you may be up a creek with no paddle iykwim                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

iykwim sounds like a dyslexic Geordie Wink     if you know what i mean LOL     ~~~~~~~~~~~~   I have no sea legs at all, I got motion sickness on a sub that was alongside and another time when I was stood on the jetty looking down at the water, the motion of the boats bobbing up and down made me feel Sick                                                                                                                                                                               
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

A sub what from Greggs ?
LOL

Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

@ Andy have a look on this link since some or all of  the route planning may be on there ?

www.ride.co.uk/routes
Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Thanx Big Twin for ya link , it's all comin along nicely only problem is finding the time lol. Im hoping to have the routes done earl part of next week. BM'ers you must bear ( as in grizzly lol ) in mind the route is not binding and will probably change as we travel' as some might want to spent time at one place and others might want to go to the next place and stay ther for a while . it's open for personal opinions and wish'es.thats it for now , will keep ya posted folk's                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

PML @   A sub what from Greggs ? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I think i cud manage a week, it falls in the school hols, might join up with vladimir for ride overSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Dizzydot you will be more than welcome and im sure vladimir would welcome the company..Im hoping to have the route don by Wednesday at the latest and then put it in the event calendar..keep lookin BM'ers.                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Will be good to ride down with you dizzydot. Would have liked to do both weeks but just not prectical for me.                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Apologies from Andy if you're anxiously waiting for a route - he hasn't got computer access at the mo - explains his absence from the chatroom too, gosh it's been quiet without him!!
Hopefully he'll be online again soon.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi guys and gals !!..sorry for the delay with the route but unfortunately with no computor access and a couple of other things that have took me away from this , i can only appologise..Good news is "im back" and now for the catch up!.. Those of you who are joinin us on 2nd week, need the date and time approx that you will be on ya way in France Plz ?? ..many thanks Andy..                                                                                                                                                                              
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

I can make it any date from 1st aug. I'll sort out my travel arrangements when I have seen your itinery.
May be best to meet you in the evening wherever you are staying, No pressure then for anyone to be at a set place at a set time.

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

If by some strange chance I manage to afford to do my bike test and get a bigger bike, I would love to do this..........I have family in France...

But I wint hold my breath.. Unhappy

There's so many great places to see in over there Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hay Kaz that would be fun more than welcome,, we've all got our fingers crossed 4 ya.. Vladamir , was thinkin along the lines of us holding up for 2-3 days depending on where we are so give you guys a chance to meet and not be too shattered from getting to us,, let me know what ya think ??..                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

You don't have to stay in one place to give me a rest when I get there. I'll be hitching to be out on the bike after a nights rest.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Vladamir, the 2-3 days will be a base for the group and a chance for the group to do what they want and go and visit places on there own if they want to !! The first week's going to be a bit of a treck for some as it's their first tour so they may welcome the break..im off site for a week so by the time i'm back the route will be finalised with just minor adjustment's to be made if i've missed owt out lol..

GL Blue's Profile
GL Blue

In: essex
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Hi can anybody tell me what kit is actually needed for touring.thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

You'll need travel insurance. make sure it covers biking. you'll also need a EHIC card that gives you the french equilavent of the NHS (free from the ehic site)
Make sure you have bike insurance and breakdown cover for France (usually included in your insurance)
A spare set of bulbs.
2  breathalisers. you can get a kit containing 2 from Halfords for about a fiver.
you must carry a hi-vis incase of breakdown (as yet it does not have to worn when riding)
I always take spare gloves with me there's nothing worse than having to put wet gloves on.
I always take a spare set of keys with me, your a long way from home if you lose them.
You'll also need your driving documents with you.
as for anything else that will depend on the type of accomadation arranged.

Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

Breathalyser law got kicked out as the company making them couldn't make enough to supply France (company was owned by one of Sarkosy's mates!)                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 588 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption