BM'ers on Tour in France

52 Posts | Latest reply on 07/11/2013 03:30:00 by madscots | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi all, im going round France again next year from the 25th of July to the 8th of August 2014. The actual route will be posted soon. France is a beautiful seanic country with fantastic roads and as bikers do we can stop where ever takes our fancy. This means camping as even the cheap motels , b&b s are'nt that cheap. If anyone is interested plz pm me and hopefully we will have a group tour in France . like i said the route will added soon ...but its not set in stone .lol...flexibility is a good thing me thinks ... Any ideas plz feel free to put forward . Many thanx Andy53  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

We may be going back to Normandy next year, saw a lot of the D Day stuff but there so much more to see there. Also thinking of a possible trip down the coast to see the U boat Pens amongst other stuff. Inland France has much to offer, some great roads when you reach the mountains. Its a huge country. A weekend to Paris might be another good trip....easy ride from the tunnel.                                                                                                                                                                             
DERBYJOHN's Profile
DERBYJOHN

In: DERBY

Andy keep me posted..been in belgium/spain/even wales this year..love it abroad including wales                                                                                                                                                                             
DERBYJOHN's Profile
DERBYJOHN

In: DERBY

rossoandy...the bridge near st nazairre where the u boat pens are is incredible make sure you get over it ...especially if its lit up...john                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I certainly will DerbyJohn, im hoping to cram as many sights in as possible so imput is good,.. tc                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi rossoandy21, Your so right !.. not so sure about the wkend in Paris though lol.... the French drive like the Italian's ( aa Crazzie  ) ..all ideas gratefully recieved lol and i need em ha ha . tc ..rs                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Timing isn't exactly ideal as month-ends are busy for me, also not sure I'd want to spend a fortnight away.

I'll follow the thread, but might it be possible for doing either the first or the second week? I realise that means travelling solo to either join you or after leaving you, but at least there'll be a week of company over there.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hi izzyhill,  Once i've done the route i should have a good idea where we should be so if ya want to let me know the dates  and timings i will try and work it out so we wont be that far from you when you arrive or pm me and you can have me number no probs . take care
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Cheers, appreciate it but go have the tour YOU want to have and don't feel you have to make concessions to accommodate stragglers or you'll never tie anything down! Big smile
I'll follow the thread and try to keep the calendar clear.                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

I love riding in France but hoping to do a week there in May so another 2 weeks would eat into my annual leave too much. Can join you for the second week though.                                                                                                                                                                                
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

In: Newark

I only just srcatched the surface as regards Normandy but staying in Honfleur on the West coast you are near to the D-Day landing beaches and The famous Pegasus Bridge 
Honfleur is not too far to ride to from the tunnel comfortably
The other place that sticks out in my memory is The City of Metz up in the north east Metz has a fantastic history with 15th century architecture which largely escaped the ravages of WW2 as it was a Garrison Town
Well worth a visit imho Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanx Big Twin m8 it's gone on the list of places to visit... Vladamir ur more than welcome as izzyhill wants come then as well will contact her and let her know so hopefully you booth can travell together, be company for ya both , if you want....its all in the mixing pot and coming along nicely thanx to the input guys & gals.
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Thanks Andy, but looking at the dates I'd be more likely to go the first week than the second.
Sorry Vlad, know you'll be gutted! Tongue  If it weren't camping we could hot-bed it!

Hope that means I can hook up with the tour this side of the Eurotunnel. I could set off from here on the Thursday to make whatever R-V you agree on on good time on the Friday.
Anyways, plenty time yet.                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

if you go to the sub base you can go and walk around in a floating sub there                                                                                                                                                                             
Milliemax's Profile
Milliemax

In: Petersfield

Oh I'm up for this all..count me as +1                                                                                                                                                                              
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Will decide which week to do when I've seen the route.
 Did the sub at St. Nazaire last year it's defiantly worth a visit.
 Also done some of Normandy but as RossoAndy says there too much to see in one visit and very worthwhile so would be up for a second trip there.
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

In: Newark

Just another thought 
Don't discount Eurocamps for a place for a group to stay 
Eg @ La Palmyre which is West Coast just above La Rochelle  you can get a big tent with access to all amenities inc pool for circa £100 for six people Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

thanx Big Twin and havfun for your input.. me likes input  ..and the camp sites and eurocamps is being looked in to guys and gals,..And glad you have put ya name down for this MilliMax, the more the merrier ...any more for the BM'ers partyyyyy in France there's plenty of time to add your name and join the gang . TC & RS
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Excellent thread Andy53, when you've got a definite date and definite details you could submit it to the calendar so folk can put their name down there.   For those who haven't done this before remember to make sure you have all the necessary documentation / insurance etc for the country (ies) you will be visiting, and a road worthy bike. Also, if you take meds remember to stock up so you have enough to keep you going til you get home.                                                                                                                                                                                   
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanx Sandi, all advise gratefully recieved and it wont be long till it on the event calender guys and gals ..Any queries feel free to pm me .. thanx again tc rs

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0625 seconds. There are 586 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption