Reivers. Another northern camp?

122 Posts | Latest reply on 23/09/2013 12:35:19 by izzyhill | Go to original / last post
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

J dunno, as Steve said t'other day, you go away for a weekend ......

Good laugh catching up on developments, but this late in the day it's late to be putting new possibilities in the mix - best check them out and plan things for "off season" or next year (so I'll no mention the camping barns network I've come across until later!)

I had an advisory on the tread on my front tyre elast Monday, put 858 miles on it over this weekend, AND picked up a nail in my back tyre, so I may be waiting until said off season to catch up wi' youse. Depends on how quickly I can get new rubber in and how many pennies it leaves me for fuel. :-(
I know you'll have a cracking time but I'll not come by car - I'd never hear the end!
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Hi ya Steve h, I'm going and I'm a +1 this wknd. Will Lindsay(spell check)be traveling too, or just your good self? A bit of Autumn sunshine will be good for the soul. I understand the pub has a roaring log fire . Handy for toasting the bones after a good ''rideout''. I must remember to save a few 20p pieces for the shower;I enjoy a good 'steam'. Should make a nice change after Alister's showers lol.  I received an email off Margret this morning ; booking confirmed. I think this will be a ''cotton'' tent wknd coz it could be chilly and Gill doesn't ''do'' chilly. Amazing the amount of extras you need to make camping  'female friendly' :gas tent heater, petrol bed warmer, a tub of her favorite 'spicey mince',10 layers of clothing, half the contents of the bathroom cabinet,etc ,etc, . All absolutely essential Confused. Dusty&Gillxx p.s. Although Gill's a novice pillion and not used to our usual traveling speed. She is 'well fit' and anyone following us at a lesser velocity, will certainly appreciate the view Wink.[An outrageous comment , objectifying women.] I hereby apologize to all 'modern women' who no longer wish to be thought of as desirable Ouch . Also , my condolences to all the women that have never ever been thought of as desirable, it's a tough life being ordinary. To those women that merely smile and the male world rush to assist in any possible way,,,, ya know ya love it pmsl. See ya soon xx                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I volunteer to ride tailgunner, 'cos I appreciate a nice 'view'Big smileThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

dont think i can make this steve H, sorry...off to KISS this weekend and i have plans for the followin weekend....however therei s an otley run in october i cud make if you want to come down, got an open invite to big rays so should be goodSmile

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

Nice to see Dusty is making good headway for the "XK Award for Suicidal Comments".
It should be an interesting weekend. Beer

dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

wish i cud be there for the award ceremony.lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I suspect it will involve beer....

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Interesting and brisk lol. I hope everyone else remembers to bring their sense of humourBig smile. You me and XK in one place at the same time ??? should be a riot. Laughing out loud just thinking about it . I wonder how many more wknds we can squeeze in before the first snow of winter? See ya's soon Dusty x  p.s. The Lords Prayer is an inappropriate comment to some people. Those that look for evil;see it everywhere. Just as those that look with a light heart; see only joy. Here endeth today's lessonHandshakeBig smileThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

I've just checked my favorite 'weather app' and as usual it promises glorious sunshine on the 'ten day'lol. If the app was around in Noah's day ;he wouldn't have built the Ark pmsl .
Dusty x
p.s. Don't forget your leggings x
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

It would be nice if it's right.
Surprising.
But nice Smile

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Steve h , you old carrot chomper . You didn't mention that bbqs are allowed and the farm sells bbq meats. They have hard bricks to stand disposable bbqs on too.

It looks like a few beers whilst toasting in the warm glow around the old campfire /barbie is definitely on , yay.
Hopefully Richard will get the 'ok' to join us . He's a lover of outdoor social dining as well; proper camping lol.
Dusty x
P.s. I hope Izzy makes it , coz there's always room for another bbq lover.
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Aye, the more the merrier.
But I'm a veggie so I'll consume something healthy, perhaps a health giving tonic formed of malts, hops, sugars and the finest spring water, while you all indulge in a little alfresco salmonella.

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

ooh are you bringing salmon , lovely x                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

OK, I'll leave to hang for a few days over the rubbish bin next to the raw pork.                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

OMG , a Veggie terrorist. Probably a member of Al-cabbage. Lol
p.s. Pork is the food of the devil. Yeuk                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I like porkEvil Smile, 'nuff said.                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Can we keep this thread open for kicking around ideas for future reference? A lot of good countryside and roads out there and recommendations of campsites too, be a shame not to keep them under consideration for an impromptu winter picnic (for places that stay open over the winter - preferably in yurts or pods with heating!) or for a spring meet - maybe plan final stages of a French foray?
I had an alternative thought for a possible Scottish 'Crusade', searching for the Knight who say Ni,  http://www.scotlandthemovie.com/movies/fpython.html  could be fun, coconut shells at the ready!                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

excellent idea Izzy . Anything that involves :woodfires , woodsmoke , al-fresco dining, beer and a blether; is my favorite type of wknd.
I must have always had a sub-conscious desire for such a wknd. I have vague memories of hanging over the wall outside the pub shouting YURT!!! Lol
Dusty xx
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Good idea Izzy, we can keep this a nefarious plotting thread and branch off once we have an idea ready.
That's kinda why I starting a separate Dent thread.
A winter session sounds good too, although if it's kinda slimy and icy I might wuss and bring the car Ouch

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No ankle operation available quickly, so will be there friday afternoon! weather looking good, poss chilly at nite but with decent gear thats no probs.

Now Izzy just put your tent in the car and cruise down on saturday anytime for a relaxing day/evening with your pals, you know you want to!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8398 seconds. There are 670 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption