Reivers. Another northern camp?

122 Posts | Latest reply on 23/09/2013 12:35:19 by izzyhill | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

Anyone up for another camp before the years out?
It's gotta be somewhere with a decent camp site and a pub or two. And of course some interesting roads otherwise what's the point!
Dent is an option but I'm open to suggestions.

oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

id be up for some days out , campsite permitting, after the end of sept I have no work (retiring he he )and not "off" to Italy till mid nov probably, so keen to explore Scotland/north as much as poss1                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

. Lovely idea. I would like to go somewhere with tarmac , green grass and blue skies .
A bit of notice to book some hols required . x                                                                                                                                                                              
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

sounds good but no holls left                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I was thinking of a weekend do. Camp Friday & Saturday, ride out Saturday, home Sunday.                                                                                                                                                                              
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Aparently I ride too slow for you...so maybe I'll give it a miss this time                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Cobblers. Get yourself along. It wouldn't be the same without you. Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Quite right Steve, and I'll be on my own wheels so you'll have company!

Definitely up for another outing, count me in.                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

if its a "week end" fri-sun, and camping in Scotland after September, I may have to look for a cheep B N B!!

yes it is possible im getting old!                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

A minimum of two days is ok but if it's sunny I could stay to monday .
As for fast riding , I'm quite happy to sit at the back enjoy the scenery and catch up at the stops.
I may have a novice pilly with me and if so . I'll probably end the run covered with cobwebs lol .
Although ,,,,,,,, scaring the pants off her . Does have a certain appeal . (perv)
Look forward to posting my pic on the event page
Dusty x
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Same here re the fast stuff, I'm perfectly happy to pootle along chilling with the world.
Although it does help if I'm not in the lead cos the little devil pops on my left shoulder and starts whispering "faster, faster, faster" Evil Smile

Big Scotland is a bit far for a weekender, I was thinking more Dales, Lakes, Northumberland or the Borders.

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

How about Keilder area?

Anyone know Boe Rigg campsite? Unfortunately no pub around that I can see but looks well equipped and says it's £7pp.

Or the Demesne Farm in Bellingham which has the village and pubs Beer on it's doorsteps; as a bonus it quotes a motorcyclist tariff of £8pp so it ought to be biker friendly...

Both within easy reconnoitering distance for either Dusty or Steve if you're out pootling Star                                                                                                                                                                             
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

ok but no micky takin abut how fast i take corners, i have a new bike remember and i dont know the roads at all, so yeah i do plod along around corners, but i did get back home that sunday at just ovr 2hrs which is pretty good goin for meBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

might do bnb meself too if theres any available....when in crewe last year at the piggin rally....there was frost on the ground in septembet 
and it was freezin at nightCry                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Izzy I'll have a look up that way next time I can.
No pub there but Boe Rigg's are licensed according to the web site. Actually it looks like a cools place.
Another option is Demesne Farm in Bellingham (also pubs, hotels and B&B's).
Weather permitting I'll have a ride out there tomorrow and check it all out.
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester

When are you thinking about dates wise?                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I was thinking sometime in September. Possibly a northern alternative to the KISS for those of us that don't have passports to head south of Yorkshire LOL

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

The kiss is in 11 days time . Not sure I'll get the time off . The boss struggles to get the wknd covered .
No doubt I'll bump into you all somewhere in the future . Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

No fixed dates yet Dusty, just wondering what everyone can do.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hey Steve, 
just putting a possible Lakes venue in the Reivers Melting Pot !!

Check out Grizedale Campsite, Satterthwaite, Cumbria, camping £7 a night, open fires allowed, wood sold on site, also on site are six camping 'pods' if some folk didnae want to camp, just along the road is The Eagleshead in Satterthwaite village a former 16th century farmhouse now a pub, good meals and selection of real ales!
See what you think,
Cheers,
Richard                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 1338 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption