Loud Exhaust

28 Posts | Latest reply on 20/09/2013 10:15:32 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

I'm not a moderator GS but here's your link in clickable form   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=187176074786832&am...6927893847   Unfortunately it didn't go to the photo   This content is currently unavailable The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page   I assume that when it is available one has to sign into facebook to see it anyway.                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

LOL @ OJ's comment 'a catectomy'     When I had my bike (a Honda CM 125cc) no one knew I was there, even to the point of trying to move into the spot I was in, in a traffic queue. However, when the exhaust developed a HOLE in it it sounded like a wannabe Harley and made car driver's heads turn. It was nice to know that others KNEW I was there.    In answer to the original question...it depends on the circs, if a bike with loud pipes is being ridden up and down a residential street, several times a day, then NO I'd hate loud pipes.                                                                                                                                                                               
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Have a set of oem headers with slip ons,nice n loud but work well, tried 1 set of straight thru's ,was too loud for me with an open facer on,helluva snarl off them,especially on the overrun,running Dynopower staggered just now,nice but kinda refind,just got a pair of oem headers without balance pipe to try some more slip ons out on,got 3 sets sitting, Short shots were very tasty,but sapped power,thats the problem with pipes the tuning and getting them to work with the engine,you modern pilots probably have the computers n chip that reset the mix etc automatically.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Harley dyna with screaming eagles.... that'll work!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

sp400 without even a downpipe running at about 4000 revs is quite audible as I can testify, pity it wouldnt get through an mot like that! .lol

Pomtidom_67's Profile
Pomtidom_67

In: Eindhoven

I tried several setups on my Bonnie. First removed the silencers and only used the exhaust pipes. The sound was impressive, but the flames even more Evil Smile
Then I used a saw on the original silencers and cut them just before the first baffle so I ended up with two totally open megaphones. I think this produced the loudest sound I could get from this bike. It didn't make my neighbours very happy though...
The best sounding bike I have now is the ྄ Guzzi V7Sport, it's not the loudness, but the sound itself. I also love the sound it makes when I close the throttle.Cool                                                                                                                                                                              
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

I got a second set of pipes when I bought my Bonny, it came with the 'normal' quiet once and a set of loud ones.... obviously I changed to the second set and I loooove it... not quite like a Harley... but then it's a Triumph after all....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Why would anyone want to sound like a harley????...  I like my stealth mode...                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3281 seconds. There are 1073 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption