Loud Exhaust

28 Posts | Latest reply on 20/09/2013 10:15:32 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
GS1085's Profile
GS1085

In: Billericay
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I do like a loud exhaust, how about you?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=187176074786832&l=3068604956927893847

GS1085's Profile
GS1085

If someone can tell me how to post links, I'd appreciate it

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

the moderators usually correct any problems with links GS, dont worry about it.                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

It's funny, I have totally changed my mind over loud exhausts. When I bought my Bonny, it came with 2 sets of pipes, it had 'normal' ones on but I got a set of loud ones. After a few months of dismissing the loud ones, I just had to put them on and try them out. Now they are on... they are staying on and I love 'em... had quite a few comments since of how brill they sound. Also car drivers seem to realise easier when I am coming up, specially when I am filtering. Just sounds more like a proper Bonny, so I have dismissed the quiet pipes lol
Big Twin's Profile
Big Twin

In: Newark

Try riding it  for 12 hours stopping only for fuel and a quick comfort stop and you might have a change of mind especially in several very long road tunnels damhik Wink

GS1085's Profile
GS1085

I used ride a softail harley with open drag pipes as a long distance courier rider. Never had a problem, and I never had a car not know I was there.

Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

Got me out of a few near misses has my loud pipes. :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

loud pipes save lives                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I have a Vance & Hines 2-1 on my Sporty, sounds deep rather than high pitched, but still lets people know you're about. Not as anti-social as straight thru's but loud enough to be noticed.                                                                                                                                                                              
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

on my 10th ducati now, all of which I`ve fitted terminogi pipes, and the last 4 I`ve had full aftermarket systems on,

though they are certainly "loud"
I kinda like the better sound, and the improved power n torque curve,                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

I've got monster ovals on mine and they're not loud enough.....had short shots on my Streetbob and there was a fair rip off them.......most excellent !!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Well mines "bog standard" Wink   But she still "howls" if I use the lower gears Wink   Lovely noise though Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

Well mines "bog standard" Wink   But she still "howls" if I use the lower gears Wink   Lovely noise though Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Em it's whatever make us happy Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

Too right BK Wink   Wouldn't do for us ALL to like the same sound Ermm   It'd make a monotonous soundtrack for our biking world Disapprove   I also LOVE the sound of a big V twin on open pipes Approve   And a triple through a 3 into 1 mega Thumbs Up   But a 2 stroke single on "full song" makes the hairs stand up on me neck Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                               
Inspector Gadget's Profile
Inspector Gadget

In: Oxon

Well my Tbird has now been running on British Customs Hog Slayers for a few weeks now and I have to say the bike is improving the more I ride her. Got rid of 20 + lbs in excess weight over the standard pipes but the removal of the cat allows her to breathe that much easier with a KN air filter. Noticeable improvement in torque at the low and high end as for sound, sweet even over the Triumph TORS and loud but in a melodic sense
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Took my Spyder through the MoT last week with the non-road legal 'sports' silencer. The tester said "Ooooh....doesn't that sound nice!"
No problems with a pass!
My BMW has had a catectomy and the (removable) internals of the silencer have been changed to something with better gas flow.
But the best of the lot was my Yamaha MT-01 with Stage Two tuning and Akrapovic pipes....I used to come up behind cars on the motorway and they'd just move over!! Really miss that bike...Cry

Purplebikerboy's Profile
Purplebikerboy

In: Peterborough

I'm a big fan of loud pipes - I had an sv650 years ago with no baffles and could almost play tunes on it Smile!   Also, I agree totally to all those who pointed out that a loud bike is likely to be heard by other road users, and therefore safer.   That sv used to make my ears ring after a long ride though....                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

my rosie strumpet has a triumph race can on and it sounds bloody awsome.very deep and very loud.my vtr has a one off stainless exhaust by tbias engineering with no db killers and thats wicked loud with awsome tone.i prefer loud pipes all the way!! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
rileymtr's Profile
rileymtr

In: bradford

loud pipes defo like to be heard since most drivers eyes dont seem too work....                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9219 seconds. There are 877 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption