Harley to drop Road king

46 Posts | Latest reply on 07/09/2013 01:53:44 by fxr swas | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I hear tale that HD are going to drop the Road king from their stable this year. I have just been into Maidstone Harley and they say that they have heard this too but cannot verify. Does anybody know anything about this?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Souinds like a way of getting folk to buy one before there unavleble ?                                                                                                                                                                              
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

lets hope they don't drop it from very high,could provoke San Andreas Fault into finally separating.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

LOL Thank you jinx57 for amusing me  this morning...
myotherworld's Profile
myotherworld

In: birmingham

If theh do it may only be temp. they have making other models from time to time when they have to many not selling.                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

three engines , four frames = about 60 ''different'' models.
Harley dropping a model is the same as another manufacturer dropping a colour .

I rode Harleys for ten years and I couldn't keep track of all the ''different'' models.
My mate has rode them longer than that , he's a real Harley enthusiast. His house is full of Harley memorabilia. He went to the centennial party at Milwaukee on his own bike .
He needs a catalogue to tell all the ''models'' apart.
You'll probably find that a change of 'bolt on bits' has caused a completely new name to be required for this completely ''new'' model .
Dusty x
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/04/15/manufacturers/harley-davidson/harley-davidson-discontinuing-road-glide-and-other-models-for-2014/                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for the info guys. I went down to my local Harley dealer last weekend because i am thinking of getting a new bike and looked at the new street glide.....£18k with £1k worth of accessories and another possible £500-1k knocked off the retail price. Has anybody had experience with the street glide?
My old Road King is a great bike but it is extremely heavy, the street glide has an extra 200cc of power and is very light. The bikes are not too dissimilar but the SG appears more swept back instead of horizontal.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I don't ride but surely Isn't it a matter of taste and what suits you to ride? Sounds like you already made your mind up with the SG. Test ride and find out? Just an idea.                                                                                                                                                                             
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Agree with QUEENIE there,sounds like youve made your mind up,you defo need to roadtest and not one of them pack rideouts Stealers organise these days,you need to ride the Streetglide as you would your Roadking,whatever it is fast,slow,on the twisty roads and m-ways,can you manhandle it around(might be a lot more awkward than your RK. 200cc extra aint a lot on a Harley,any H-D motor can be made to do lots more power,just a question of how much you want to spend, not at a stealer preferably,with someone who knows these bikes and wont just unbolt and bolt back on and then tell you a sensor is playing up.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Definitely have not made my mind up yet guys. At the moment I have a foot in both camps,...I would like a new shiny bike but I am a person who likes to have something a little different to the rest and the thought of a really nice custom Job really appeals to me...ahh decisions decisions
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Definitely have not made my mind up yet guys. At the moment I have a foot in both camps,...I would like a new shiny bike but I am a person who likes to have something a little different to the rest and the thought of a really nice custom Job really appeals to me...ahh decisions decisions
Inspector Gadget's Profile
Inspector Gadget

In: Oxon

With that sort of money to spend take a look at the new range of Indian Motorcycles coming to the UK in Sept
Write up in today's MCN or here

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2013/August/aug0413-new-indians-revealed/
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I have seen them today in MCN and on the UK indian dealership site on the internet....what can I say except...WOW...gonna git me an injun                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-uk/home

Inspector Gadget's Profile
Inspector Gadget

In: Oxon

Yeah Timax they are one hell of a bike can't wait to demo the classic                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've just seen an article on Yahoo and Harley have introduced their new 2014 line-up which includes the Road King...Mmmmmhhh. No emoticon available for drooling                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Stop drooling Queenie, you make a mess on my interweb connection                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

where they gonna drop it ?? off edge of a cliff pmsl he he he only jokin :)                                                                                                                                                                             
crato's Profile
crato

In: London

they released a new series which they called "Rushmore Project" Most significant thing is liquid cooled engine for the first time. 

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/620/16855/Motorcycle-Arti...urers.aspx                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 542 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption