Brake calliper

13 Posts | Latest reply on 18/07/2013 23:15:37 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Wanted CB500t front single pot brake calliper the one that goes on the pivoting bracket                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm not well up on Japanese stuff, is it the same as one from a CB500/550 four, I've a mate with a collection of parts. He's been meaning to put his bike back together for some time and has duplicates of some parts.

RD

Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

Try David Silvers,has loads of NOS Honda stuff                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

http://www.davidsilverspares.....uk/                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Hi rubberduckie, yeah it would be the same would you be able to ask your mate if he has one he no longer needs.
David Silvers do have them but there too expensive, working on a very tight budget.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No problem I'll ask him or if you prefer I could give you his phone # by PM and you can ask in person. He may want a small amount just to put towards finally getting the bike sorted but I doubt it would be much.

RD

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've just got off the phone to him, he has one with a hole drilled in it where he had to force the piston out because it had seized, it may also need a bleed nipple and painting. The hole could be repaired with a grub screw tapped in and either Loctite or Araldite, I've done that before, works fine.

He says he may have another in tact one but he's uncertain and would have to look and get back to me but I can update when I know more.

RD
bingwing's Profile
bingwing

In: Spalding

I can see what you mean about David Silver Spares `Mortgage needed`) Try these besides Rubberdickies! seperate spares from Wemoto.com:

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/honda/cb_500_t/75-77/
or
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/76-Honda-CB500-T-CB-500-Twin-...3f1c4e945d
or
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-Honda-cb500t-cb-500-t-cb...1e756b2816                                                                                                                                                                             
bingwing's Profile
bingwing

Hows that if you get the rest off rubberdickys mate:

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/honda/cb_500_t/75-77/pictur...iper_body/                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've not forgotten it BTW, I'm returning the helmet I borrowed from the mate later this week, new helmet arrived in the post today. I just need the intended to try it on before I remove the tags etc, hopefully tomorrow if we go up to Southport or wherever. I'll see if I can put a rocket up him on the phone tonight, he's so laid back he's horizontalLOL

RD

bingwing's Profile
bingwing

Sorry RD for spelling the name wrong`?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No worriesLOL

RD

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just got back from the mates after managing to dig out the caliper myself complete with mounting bracket. I'll get some photos taken tomorrow in daylight so we know what we're looking at, can you PM me an email address to send the photos to and I'll get it sorted. Sorry for the delay, only just got around to returning his lads helmet.

RD

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7383 seconds. There are 1106 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption