MacMillan Fund Raising - Stella up a Big Hill

45 Posts | Latest reply on 24/09/2013 17:48:50 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Stella aka Holmfirthgirl and her niece Vix are raising money for MacMillan Cancer and if they reach their target they have to climb a VERY big hill - Kilimanjaroo So if you can afford to help then please do so, if you cant no worries, send her some good wishes for the journey :) If you dont have a Paypal account thats OK you can always give cash when you see either myself, Stella, Mr Ken or Spesh and we'll add it for you, Pilly Day is coming up so you can always grab one of us there if you want to :) Also keep an eye out for some more fund raising events in the pipe line, including a fancy dress party :)   http://www.justgiving.com/Victoria-lassetter                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

cheers for this Jackie - yeah come on peeps I'm doing the hard work, all you have to do make a small donation - even a £1 helps Macmillan Support Thumbs Up   I'm not gonna be able to make the pilly day, but Jackie has a bucket for you to make donations if you want to Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Thanks folks pilly day raised £87.75 :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Wow that is brilliant Jackie....                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

ooo nice one peeps - thanks soo much, it's very much appreciated & thanks Jackie for doing the honours for me Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Still time to make a donation folks :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

BUMP                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Not long now eh Stella...bet your just a bit giddy ?  All the best in the world to you for such a wonderful thing you are doing... 3 cheers for our Stells...Thumbs UpHug xx                                     Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

giddy??? more like pooooing meself!!! Confused lol   Just had 1 of me injections & got me malaria tablets & me cert to say I don't need the yellow fever jab. Been on a panick buy of 'Stuff' & need to go to go outdoors to do more panick buying of 'stuff'   The real thing that's scaring me, is altitude sickness & creepy crawlies & Mossy's & the fact that the sumit ascent night is comparable to climbing Ben Nevis, in the dark, already at altitude & then the descent is over 18 hours (having taken us 6 days ish to get up there!! I'm sure once I'm back home I'll think it's the greatest thing I've ever done....however I doubt I'll be feeling it at the time LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh heck Stella......thats some stuff youv'e had to get through eh love ?  But you will do it through sheer determination if nowt else !!! And YES  it will be the greatest thing you have ever done.. I take my hat off to you darlin. !!!!.   All the very best Stella love..xxxxxxxxxx                                                                            Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Blimey Lass its just a big hill lol                                                                                                                                                                             
TigerTim's Profile
TigerTim

In: Bishop Auckland

Just come across this and thought I'd share my experience of the "caring" side of Macmillan. When my mother was diagnosed with cancer the local Macmillan person visited, she was bossy and overpowering, we were then informed that Ma was not ill enough for their support. She died 6 months later.
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

sorry to hear that Tim, but I suppose there's good & bad experiences with everything. My own experiences of Macmillan Nurses have been pretty positive.                                                                                                                                                                              
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

as with you H-F-G,
I`ve had nothing but fantastic experience's with the Macmillan nurses, they were so nice with my Mum a couple of years ago, when she was terminal for 7 full weeks in hospital, I still have a covenant on my wages for them.

good luck with "the hill"
its not too bad, if you`ve been getting plenty of walking in, I found the main thing was to keep fully hydrated above everything else,
(done a fair bit of that outdoor stuff)

good luck!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Getting close eh Stella.......bet the nerves are kicking in...Hug xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

STill time to help Stella up the hill folks :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

yep, we fly out on 12/09!!! am now in panick buying of 'stuff' mode!! LOL   www.justgiving.com/victoria-lassetter is our just giving page Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Stells at least you save space with shampoo and stuff lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Getting close to this eh Stells ...Thumbs Up xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Hi ho hi ho its up a hill she goes ..................                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 597 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption