Mirrors?

12 Posts | Latest reply on 23/07/2013 16:04:54 by Bikewreck | Go to original / last post
barneyg42's Profile
barneyg42

In: Addlestone
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Have recently gone back to bikes and got myself an old VFR750FK. Now I'm a bit of a wide load and to be honest the mirrors are nothing short of useless, not so bad in traffic but when it's head down on the motorway a look over the shoulder doesn't give me a good enough view back into the distance to safely pull out. Anyone got any solutions to this, wide view stick ons just give my a wider view of my excessive bulk and not much else! I'm even contemplating a suck on caravan mirror, bit worried about the size of it but don't mind something the same size again strapped on to the edge.
Cheers in advance
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

get some bar end mirrors theyre fab :)                                                                                                                                                                             
barneyg42's Profile
barneyg42

In: Addlestone

Yeah tried some and they didnt fit so sent them back, the normal end screws in whereas the aftermarket ones seem to tighten and expand to grip and don't reach into the bar far enough!                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

mirrors .....what are them? :o lol cant see much outta mine either....its just the joys of owning a sports bike....it could be worse ...could be a ducati lol                                                                                                                                                                             
bingwing's Profile
bingwing

In: Spalding

Look round both sides like we had to for our riding/driving test, I do not think mirrors are compulsory on motor cycles but I may be wrong???
Do riders have to look round on there tests?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

The threads are universal, so buy some wiv long stalks.     And ferget kwakgirl; by the time she's seen them, they've already overtakin her!Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

actually xk the threads are not universal triumphs are different to yamahas as are kwaks and hondas.depends on the bike as to what thread they are wether normal metric or metric fine as are on my trumpetBig smile but you can get extensions for mirrors so give m and p accessories a buzz or try busters accessories they may be able to help Big smileThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

My Blackbird has mirror extenders,without them  they would be only useful for holding the front indicators!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Got aftermarket mirrors that are about as useful as a chocolate teapot at anything over fifty. But they are unusual so they stay!   No, mirrors are not compulsory I believe. Have had only the right hand mirror on a fair few of my bikes and never had issues with MOT's or being bollocked by the uniformed ones. And threads are definately not universal! Sorry, cant give any suggestions except try the long stalk jobbies Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax

Try that new helmet that gives you a display on your visor of the view behind, awesome but expensive!                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

No substitute for a "good" look behind Approve

But on the M/way & busy A roads & dual carriageways a good mirror is always helpful Thumbs Up

As Debs said it could be worse LOL

Take a look at the pics of  my Ducati on my profile Wink

The extended mirror I have fitted might spoil the "aesthestics" Disapprove

But it sure brings peace o mind on busy "fast" roads Smile

Bikewreck's Profile
Bikewreck

In: Blackpool

Could be worse...
Could be on an ironhead. Shakes that much I can't even see me in em!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 584 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption