Excuses for Not Going into Work

20 Posts | Latest reply on 05/09/2007 10:21:32 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Here are some excuses some folk used when calling work to say they weren't going in.    1 "I'm too drunk to drive to work." 2 "I accidentally flushed my keys down the toilet." 3  "I had to help deliver a baby on my way to work." (Employee was not in the medical profession.) 4  "I accidentally drove through the automatic garage door before it opened." 5 "My boyfriend's snake escaped from its cage and I'm afraid to leave the bedroom until he gets home." 6 "I'm too fat to get into my work outfit." 7  "I cut my fingernails too short, they're bleeding and I have to go to the doctor." 8  "The ghosts in my house kept me up all night."   9   "I forgot I was getting married today."   10  "My cow bit me."   11 "My son accidentally fell asleep next to wet cement in our garden. His foot fell in and we can't get it out."   12   "I was walking down the street watching road works being done, fell in the hole and hurt myself."   13 "I was walking my dog and slipped on a toad in my driveway and hurt my back." 14 "My house lock jammed, and I'm locked in." PML @ numbers 9 and 13, cracked me up LOL What excuse(s) have you used?                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Kwak, I've not used any of those myself but I did get a call from my boss and she'd got herself stuck with No. 14!   Needless to say once she got into work we took the p**s summat rotten LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

The cow bit me.    haha i could use that LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Now I think about it I remember one day I was locking my front door and the handle fell off which meant I couldn't lock the door, cost me £15, which was the call-out fee for the locksmith, he let me off the labour charges. That was one expensive door handle lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Speedy Claire's Profile
Speedy Claire

In: Liverpool

I had a member of staff ring me once to say the previous night her budgie had fallen off his perch and broken his leg.  Cos it was late at night she couldn`t take it to a vets so had used a match as a splint and taped his little leg up.  The next morning she`d come down to find her kids screaming and the budgie in ashes.  Her excuse for not coming into work was that the budgie must have fallen off his perch in the night and the sulphur from the match had struck the sandpaper on the bottom of the cage hence she had to console her kids and go out to buy a new budgie!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Sorry Claire, budgie and kids but....   ROFLMHO                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladekid's Profile
firebladekid

In: norwich

how about ,  IF I COME INTO WORK TODAY I COULD GET A HEAD ACHE SO IM TAKEING THE DAY OFF .                                                                                                                                                                             
happy jack's Profile
happy jack

In: chipping norton

How about i hate going to work,boss is a total twat and sod you i am getting another job.so sod you and good bye.                                                                                                                                                                             
vmaxdeg's Profile
vmaxdeg

In: COLESHILL

years ago a friend rang in work and said the cat had been run over so she couldnt come to work. Another excuse was she had had a miscariage on the bus, but expected to be in tomorrow.                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

A colleague once rang in to say that she'd no dry knickers as they'd only just come out of the washing machine. But she really wanted to come into work, so she'd tried to dry them out quickly under the grill - and burnt them to cinders! That story follows he round to this day...
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Moral to that story, be sure you can live with your excuse lol                                                                                                                                                                              
boomboom's Profile
boomboom

In: bolton

One of my lads must be the unluckiest person going, he has been of work for at least three grandads dying ( one of which lived in Spain, hence the tan when he came back), grandmas aunts uncles have also passed away in abundance, i feel sorry for him im sure he really wants to work???????? I bet hes not even got a black suit, ah yer gotta laf aint yer just. boomboom                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

I wouldnt go to work if my cat had been run over either! Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

In: Holyhead

If you need a break Matt, I have the use of some heavy airfield vehicles.  Swift too so there would be little pain for the cat.LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

rube, your sick LOL I've had to use number 14!   how about, i cant come into work the plankton parents have parked accross my drive again whilst they drop there their snivelling, mewling little spoilt brats off at school and had the obligatory 30 minute whine with other parents!   Oh and this morning ............ sorry i turned the house upside down looking for my  bike keys, but i found them under the bike cover still in the ignition Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
skins's Profile
skins

In: Sutton in Ashfie

do i still need an excuse if i am the boss....lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Yes!! even more so lol                                                                                                                                                                             
deadman's Profile
deadman

In: hull

does taking your great grandmother in for an abortion sound feeseable? me and a work colleage are trying to come up with some new 1s that the boss hasn't heard yet. any more good ideas please                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

yea i think u might struggle with that one, unless all the ladies in the family had children at 10 years old LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

does taking your great grandmother in for an abortion sound feeseable?   PML not really but it's worth it for the giggle it will raise.  LOL                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7773 seconds. There are 607 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption